World Vision International Ghana Donor Relations Advisor Jobs
World Vision International Ghana Donor Relations Advisor Jobs
Purpose Of Position Lead the National Office in the servicing of WVUS Donors and partners who primarily support major fundraising campaigns and WVUS channels. The DRM will collaborate with appropriate WVUS Departments (Marketing and Donor Services Team: Vision Trip & Donor Liaison Program) and the appropriate NO Departments (primarily the ND, Senior Leadership Team, ADP managers, Sector Directors/Managers, Finance and Supply Chain) to enhance the donor and partner experience.
The expected results will be increased financial support of NO programs; increased awareness of, and advocacy for the National Office programs and strategy by WVUS donors and partners; as well as mutual transformation (donors and beneficiaries, as well as WVUS and NO staff).
• Keeping the WVUS Promise to Donors by researching, planning and providing high quality deliverables that demonstrate program impact at the individual beneficiary level (such as beneficiary impact stories, photos and video footage) for projects funded by WVUS donors and partners. These need to tell the story of Transformational Development in a way that is understandable to the US donor and helps move their heart towards deeper involvement and commitment to funding WV ministry.
• These “deliverables” will be determined by WVUS and communicated by the WVUS DRM supervisor. The WVUS DRM supervisor will collaborate with the NO DRM supervisor to ensure these deliverables are clearly understood and provided by clearly defined due dates.
• Multiple meetings (various technologies with WVUS Staff to fully understand the story and resource objectives
• Meet, plan and collaborate with NO program staff to identify effective impact ideas and recommendations.
• Visit multiple ADPs to meet staff and beneficiaries
• Research and interview beneficiaries
• Prepare appropriate and strategic approach to resource gathering. This includes, but is not limited to, accommodations, meals, and transportation.
• Deliver and/or create presentations using stories, videos and photos.
• DRMs will undergo extensive training by WVUS to ensure understanding of the type and style of deliverables which are expected. These deliverables are unique to “Donor Campaigns” and are different than other similar categories of deliverables requested by other WVUS departments
• Currently 10-15 approved deliverables are required per sector (subject to change)
• Hosting Donors virtually or visiting the NO on Virtual Vision Trips and Vision Trips. Establish full support of all relevant NO departments (including ND, Senior Leadership, Program and Sector staff, Sponsorship, Operations and Guest Relations) to ensure the success of US donor Vision Trips and virtual calls. This includes understanding the WVUS fundraising staff objectives for the trip, and the ability to plan strategically with WVUS and the NO to reach these objectives. At a minimum this will involve:
• Multiple meetings (various technologies) with WVUS Staff – including the fundraising staff – to fully understand the trip objectives
• Visiting the ADP prior to a trip to meet staff and beneficiaries to prepare for an agenda that “tells the WV story of need, WV intervention and impact on lives” and meets the trip objectives
• Plan an agenda that will transform the mind and the hearts of the donors
• Engage in conversations and interactions directly with donors.
• Preparing appropriate and strategic welcome packets for donors. These welcome packets should be customized for each individual
• Ensure proper logistics are in place well before the planned Vision Trip dates. This includes, but is not limited to, accommodations, meals, transportation and security,
• Meeting with the WVUS trip host (fundraiser) daily during the trip to debrief and plan the next day.
• Debriefing with Vision Trip participants on a daily basis
• Ensure that all financial arrangements for the trip (prior, during, and following) are properly handled and reconciled.
• Ensure WVUS donors and partners to specific fundraising campaigns receive optimal service from all necessary NO departments, which may include the National Director, Senior Leadership Team, Sector Leaders, ADP Managers, Operations, Sponsorship, Communications, Finance and others.
• Mentoring new DRM staff (same NO or a different NO) through regular meetings
• Reviewing new DRM staff (from different NO) deliverables prior to being submitted to WVUS manager (for example, reviewing and offering suggestions for improving beneficiary impact stories)
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
• Understanding of transformational development and ability to translate technical language into language that is easily understandable by donors – required
• Excellent communication and public relations skills with strong English language capability (written and oral) and ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and principles required
• Experience with personal computing, email and general office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) required
• Experience hosting in person and virtually or working with US groups of donors or visitors highly preferred
• Experience with non-government organization preferred
• English writing experience with a news agency, marketing organization, NGO or International organization preferred
• Technical experience with video, editing and still photography preferred
• High level of cross-cultural interpersonal skill, personal maturity, and proven ability to influence multiple stakeholders required.
• Ability to handle multiple responsibilities at the same time preferred
• Must be available for significant travel time to projects
• Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
• Bachelor degree required with preference in communications, community development, or related field of study required
• Skilled in personal computing, email and general office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and other programs for uploading and downloading information
• At least minimal experience with still photography, videography, video editing, and story writing style of communication
• Understanding of transformational/community development
• List additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position.
• Cross cultural interpersonal skills and experience – minimum two years
• Previous work with a Non-Government Organization - minimum two years
• Previous work hosting international visitors (US preferred)
• License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
• Effective in written and verbal communication in English and local national language
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; World Vision International Ghana Donor Relations Advisor Jobs
Find daily jobs in Ghana. Jobs - Ghana jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ghana job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ghana.
Jobs in Ghana - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ghana.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ghana posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.