World Vision Household Economic Strengthening Advisor - OVC Jobs in Kenya
World Vision Household Economic Strengthening Advisor - OVC Jobs in KenyaPurpose of Position To provide the technical expertise, and coordination of Household Economic Strengthening (HES) component of the OVC Grant ensuring that the overall goal of the program is achieved.
She/he will take technical leadership role in designing and promoting use of low-risk initiatives to diversify and stimulate growth in household income and integrate economic activities with complementary interventions across the project to address different levels of household economic vulnerability.
Technical Leadership and Program implementation, 50%
• Advise the consortium on HES matters to ensure proper implementation.
• Provide supervision to the HES team ensuring translation of designs into actual implementation
• Ensure timely and quality implementation of the HES interventions
• Facilitate the integration of House Hold Economic Strengthening with other result areas including but not limited to increased access to health and social services for OVC and their families
• Ensure linkage with OVC Project consortium members to enhance leverage, coordination quality programming
• Ensure Competent HES staff are in place
• Identify staff capacity gaps, develop training plans and facilitate their development
Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability, Learning and Innovation, 20%
• Provide technical guidance to ensure quality assessments, researches and evaluations of OVC Grant’s HES program
• Influence and support county and National Government line Ministries/Departments such as Ministry of Agriculture Livestock & Fisheries institutionalize and scale up using proven operational evidence
• Ensure quality HES reports developed and submitted to donor in time
• Ensure government and/or consortium HES Management Information Systems are strengthened to collect, collate, analyze, and interpret data for reporting and decision making
• Coordinate innovations, documentation, publishing and sharing of the findings appropriately
Engagement Networking and Advocacy, 25%
• Coordinate national and county government support to the project for sustainability
• Provide oversight to the social accountability initiatives ensuring contribution to the program
• Advocate for policy translation, position papers and influence to county plans
• Strengthen linkages between the Project and other WVK programs
• Ensure OVC Grant representation in key strategic HES/Livelihoods technical working groups and forums at the county and national level
• Actively participate in the Project meetings, and other WVK forums and meetings as appropriate
• Spearhead learning forums to profile, communicate and ensure adoption of promising practices
• Contribute to engagement, publications, to communicate program progress and successes
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• Master’s Degree in in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Business Administration, or equivalent from a recognized University;
• Minimum of six (6) years’ experience in HES programming with experience in project designs and
• Demonstrated experience in integrated OVC focused HES/Livelihood related programming preferably in the areas of business skills, employment creation, market access and micro-finance services (savings, credit and micro-insurance) and;
• Proven experience in Research.
• Strong budgetary and financial management skills;
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills with management experience an added advantage;
• Work experience in implementation of USAID and other major donor funded Community-led OVC management and/or HES/Livelihood Projects and;
• Experience in proposal development
• Ability to build capacity of staff on relevant technical fields;
• Ability to take initiative, solve complex problems, exercise independent judgment;
• Ability to work with minimum supervision;
• A team player, capable of building staff and partners in HES sectors
• Cross-cultural sensitivity, and emotional maturity
• Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; World Vision Household Economic Strengthening Advisor - OVC Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.