World Vision Driver Jobs in Uganda
World Vision Driver Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsWorld Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
We currently work in over 82 districts in Uganda implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & community resilience, education and child protection.
World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with the beneficiaries above.
All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision and join our team in the position below.
Purpose of the position
To drive authorized passengers, transport goods and services (information) and check the mechanical condition of the World Vision vehicle regularly and act accordingly in line with World Vision policies. .
• Drive World Vision vehicles/authorized passengers to specified destinations as approved by the supervisor in line with World Vision vehicle usage policy.
• Deliver packages, goods and mails and any other information to specified people, places and offices in line with World Vision policies.
• Check the vehicle status/condition e.g.engine oil, water, nuts, battery water, license, Third Party Insurance, brakes, tyre pressure e.t.c prior to any journey and carry out regular vehicle repairs e.g. correcting hard start, tightening bolts and nuts, topping up battery water, e.t.c in line with World Vision policy.
Maintain the hygiene of the vehicle
• Report all major and minor damages and accidents on the vehicle at hand to the supervisor in line with World Vision vehicle policies.
• Monitor the security of vehicle, authorized passengers and luggage in line with the vehicle policy.
• Record and maintain a travel log to record areas travelled to, travel time, and work hours
• Dress professionally and in accordance with company’s dress code.
• Prepare and submit vehicle monthly reports in line with the World Vision Vehicle Policy.
• The driver shall strictly observe Traffic Rules and Regulation and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the traffic regulatory authority.
• Observe and maintain the regular working hours and at all-time park the vehicle at the designated parking area.
Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
• Holds O level certificate and above
• Holds a valid driving permit.
• Has three years of driving experience.
• Mechanical Knowledge is required
• First Aid skills are required
• NGO back ground and in Emergency response is vital
• Ability to prioritize work in relation to need and urgency.
• A working knowledge of fax machine, photocopier, computer and telephone preferred.
• Computer literate
• Knowledge on safe road use is needed
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
• Perform other duties as required.
Holds O level certificate and above
three years of driving experience
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; World Vision Driver Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.