World Vision Child Protection Facilitator Jobs in Uganda
World Vision Child Protection Facilitator Jobs in UgandaPurpose of the position: The Child Protection Facilitator will provide grass roots project implementation, monitoring and documentation in case management, Child Friendly Spaces (CFS), Early Childhood Development (ECD), development in Child Protection Strategic development, psychosocial support and peace building project guided by WV Uganda policies.
The incumbent will also be responsible for the smooth, cost effective, efficient and timely implementation of CFSs, ECDs and participation, psychosocial and peace building project budget review and monitoring. He/She will also management and ensure there is great level or partnership and networking with the District leadership, UNHCR, OPM and other partners.
• Motivate and ensure teamwork among child protection Assistants and volunteers for greater ministry impact in the community.
• Work in liaison with and provide the necessary advice and support to stakeholders in the participation, psychosocial and peace building project as well as the CFSs and ECD programmes in all matters pertaining to effective management and implementation
• Handle visitors including donors, staffs from support offices and national office staff
• Take full responsibility in the implementation of CFS and ECDs including children participation, psychosocial support and peace building activities in refugee operations according to the agreed plan of action
• Actively coordinate project design, implementation, monitoring and reporting
• Coordinate with all agencies working in child protection and the Office of the Prime Minister in the camp to ensure compliance to inter agency and World Vision International standards for implementing child protection Education in emergencies (CiE) as well as peace building activities
• Organize meetings with key stakeholders in Yumbe to influence policies, planning and practice in line with the outcomes of the advocacy events
• Implement and monitor project activities towards realization of project outputs in a timely and effective manner
• Monitor progress of activity implementation to ensure highest quality standards and accountability based on LEAP framework, the IASC and WVI standards
• Actively participate in program design process specifically in assessments and generating community priority needs in participation, psychosocial and peace building
• Develop regular monthly, quarterly and annual project management reports
• Prepare detailed implementation plans based on approved and funded proposals and submit to Response Manager for approval
Technical and capacity building
• Enhance and train partners, teachers and children in child protection, psychosocial support and peace building using the EcaP model guidelines
• Support other response staff to implement project activities that adhere to the Do-Assure-Don’t-Do Frame work recommended for peace building and conflict sensitivity
• Maintain standards for child participation, psychosocial and peace building and conflict sensitivity and ensure that response staff, partner agencies and recipient communities understand, accept and adhere to these standards
• Support the child protection Coordinator and M&E Assistant in establishing and maintaining a monitoring and evaluation system
• Ensure that technical information pertinent to the project is obtained, documented and disseminated to staff as required
• Support the child protection coordinator in identifying potential peace building, participation and psychosocial priorities and projects in the assigned geographical area
• Work towards integrating peace building and conflict sensitivity into child protection, Education, GFA and Nutrition and ensure mainstreaming in all other project initiatives
Community mobilization and sensitization
• Assist communities identify their priorities, opportunities and resources for effective peace building, participation and psychosocial project implementation
• Facilitate communities to fully participate in project activities for enhanced community ownership and sustainability of child protection, psychosocial support and peace building programs.
• Facilitate awareness creation and sensitization of communities in child protection, participation , psychosocial support and peace building
• Enhance synergies within the communities to achieve integration and attainment of regional objectives
• Actively facilitate identification and capacity building of leadership and community based organizations in peace building, participation and psychosocial matters
Partnership, Networking & Advocacy
• Represent WV Uganda program in child protection, peace building, participation and psychosocial forums at the field level and establish strategic partnerships with other organizations
• Establish and liaise closely with other partners, agencies and local leaders regarding project activities to ensure and promote a coordinated approach to project implementation, including participation in relevant workshops, meetings and to keep the Response Manager informed
• Develop a network of information gathering relevant to child protection, peace building, participation and psychosocial operations
• Establish appropriate contacts with local counterparts at the sub counties and district level
• UN specialist engagement in our program implementation
Financial management budget control and monitoring
• Work with the child protection coordinator and Finance officer in preparation of budgets, financial projections, expenditure monitoring and preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial and narrative reports and submit them within the agreed timeframe to appropriate people
• Support preparation of requisitions for appropriate project supplies in line with approved DIPs from time to time
• Ensure LDRs are signed by staff in time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Development studies, peace building, sociology, International relations, Social work and social Administration, Conflict studies or other related field
• A minimum of three (3) years field experience working with communities in peace building and or child protection programming and program management in an NGO context.
• Past exposure and experience in integration/ mainstreaming child protection, peace building and conflict sensitivity across other programmes and projects is a plus.
• Past experience in working with communities especially in refugee community.
• Excellent analytical, documentation, problem solving, interpersonal ad negotiation skills
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; World Vision Child Protection Facilitator Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.