World Vision Associate Director - Health Jobs in Kenya
World Vision Associate Director - Health Jobs in Kenya World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Purpose of Position
Provide overall country office technical leadership and guide the strategy in Health program design, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, planning and partnership processes in a manner that promotes continuous improvement and innovation in line with World Vision Standards and guidelines and ensure alignment with the Government policies and strategies. .
Technical Leadership, Program Management and Reporting, 25%
• Provide leadership in the development of the Health technical approach and program.
• Ensure alignment of WVK health programs to national and global priorities
• Responsible for setting the national office technical standards
• Approve the technical Area Plans, detailed implementation plans for all projects/grants and approval of reports.
• Develop practical tools for monitoring, quality assurance, quality improvement and evaluations
• Provide leadership to advocacy implementation within Health
• Contribute to overall National Office (NO) strategy; ensure health priorities reflected in national strategy.
• Work closely with the strategy and program effectiveness team for quality child well-being, annual and technical reports.
• Remain up to date with public health and nutrition research, policy, guidance and initiatives and ensure dissemination to sub-national staff
Resource Acquisition 20%
• Develop and execute in collaboration with Resource Acquisition and Management (RAM) team, an annual growth plan and strategy to increase funding portfolio for Health technical program.
• Actively support the roll out of WVKs Resource Mobilization and Grants Acquisition plan.
• Provide technical leadership in engagements and funding negotiations with support offices, donors and partners (possible consortiums
• Provide advice on donor management (government/private donors and support offices) ensuring informed decisions and resolutions.
• Provide support to RAM including responding to appropriate request for applications for bilateral and multilateral sources in coordination with relevant SOs and management of grant funded program.
• Provide technical leadership in proposal development processes for Pre-proposal, Proposal development, Post-submission.
• Research new proposals in close coordination with RAM in order to ensure high quality proposals that meet the requirements of the donors.
• Ensure program contribution in the Go / No-go decision making process and ensure that all risks are addressed consistently.
• Research and draft resources in preparation for grant bidding activities, such as capability statements, project summaries and partner profiles
• Provide support in funding negotiations with Support Offices in coordination with RAM and in alignment with Regional Grants Acquisition & Management Strategy & the Regional Working Group Decisions.
Accountability, learning, Evidence Base Development, Dissemination and Knowledge Management, 20%
• Ensure quality programming, innovative designs, monitoring, evaluation, reflection, learning and reporting of all projects in the Health technical program that leads to sustainable health for children and their communities.
• Ensure that findings and recommendations from various accountability mechanisms such as Peer Review, Audits, program evaluations, Program Capability Review, are acted upon in a timely and effective manner.
• In close collaboration with P&C, ensure right program staff are recruited, retained, and provided with intentional opportunities, mentoring and coaching for development.
• Identify and implement opportunities for research to enhance learning and build of evidence base/generate evidence, ideally with academic partners.
• Spearhead research, documentation and reflection exercises for learning
• Collect, document and disseminate field best practices, case studies and success stories.
• Develop conference abstracts and/or publications based on learning and best practice.
Networking, Partnering, External Participation and Advocacy, 20%
• Maintain effective communications and pro-active relationships with Support Office partners, including visits by donors.
• In coordination with Integrated Programs Director and Support Offices, develop and maintain pro-active relationships with private, bilateral and multilateral representatives in country.
• In coordination with the Integrated Programs Director, develop and maintain good relationships with national government ministries, other NGOs and the development sector in general.
• In coordination with the Senior Management team work closely with Technical service units in relation to implementation of Partnership initiatives, capacity building of national office staff and knowledge sharing within the region and partnership.
• In coordination with the Integrated Programs Director, and program staff, participate in national level coalitions on specific advocacy issues.
• In the spirit of twin citizenship, contribute to knowledge sharing and collaborative learning through internal avenues such as the Health and Nutrition community of practice.
• Contribute to MoH national strategy, guidelines and plans national
• Compile updated fact sheets on health programming to support engagement and networking.
• Provide technical input into policy briefings/ensure quality of advocacy product content.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Preferably Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and/or a Masters in Public Health OR Degree in Nursing with Masters in Public Health or related course with extensive programming experience OR a Master Degree in Public Health, Nutrition or related field
• 10 years’ experience international development organization especially in development and Relief Projects; 5 years should have been at a managerial level.
• Proficient in proposal writing and resource mobilization
• Excellent project management skills and good understanding of the project life cycle- PMD Pro
• Experience with development project management tools such as log frames, monitoring and evaluation tools and budgets.
• Must have some experience on policies and regulations in the field of Health and Nutrition.
• The position holder must be results oriented and team a player.
• Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliable and dependable
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Networking and influencing skills
• Working experience engaging with Ministry of Health at National and County levels.
• Strong experience is participation in Sector working groups
• Ability to engage at a strategic level with senior government, UN and INGO official
• Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, and ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds.
• Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; World Vision Associate Director - Health Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.