World Learning Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist Jobs in Malawi
World Learning Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist Jobs in Malawi USAID’s Expanding Degree Opportunities seeks to provide technical assistance to Malawi Teacher Training Colleges and higher education entities for the development of degree programs and professional development coursework in the areas of curriculum and instruction.
The M&E Specialist will be responsible for designing and overseeing the implementation of the project’s M&E system, in close coordination with the technical staff.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project.
Learning, Research and Evaluations
• Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement the project's learning and research agenda aligned with World Learning's thematic theories of change;
• Facilitate pause and reflection sessions and other learning initiatives for internal and external stakeholders to define key learning priorities for the program and in response to the changes and dynamics within the Malawian context;
• Identifying innovative solutions to promote data-based decision making, initiate, oversee, and implement studies and evaluations as identified within the program’s overall CLA approach and learning agenda;
• Working with the program leadership, initiate and support implementation of programmatic reviews and other learning activities related to the CLA approach;
• Prepare reports and disseminate findings using the program’s strong and convincing evidence and monitoring data;
• Represent World Learning in external learning events.
Monitoring and Reporting
• Oversee the development and implementation of the project's M&E system and framework including clearly defined objectives, indicators, data collection, reporting and other data management processes across all implementing partners;
• Establish data reporting protocols for efficient reporting and tracking of our progress against the project's baseline, milestones and targets;
• Work with the program partners to ensure coherent reporting systems, processes and templates are institutionalized across the various aspects of the program (including partner reporting);
• Respond to donor requests regarding programmatic reporting and data;
• Ensure data quality and accuracy through DQA and other quality assurance tools, systematically implementing it throughout the project;
• Ensure timely reporting and warehousing of the programmatic data in World Learning's project monitoring software;
• Contribute towards development of programmatic reports, conference papers and other learning materials using the evidence base of the project;
• Working closely with the World Learning Headquarters' MERL department to ensure the overall alignment of the project's MERL priorities with those identified at the agency and global levels.
• Build in-house and partner capacity for implementing the MERL activities planned for this project by designing, conducting trainings, coaching, mentoring, and provision of technical support;
• Develop guidelines, protocols and data collection tools, train all engaged partners in using them adequately through face to face and virtual interaction;
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Masters’ degree in an area related to international development;
• Significant experience designing and implementing M&E systems for international donor-funded projects in Malawi or similar contexts;
• Strong familiarity with M&E databases and data management software;
• Demonstrated expertise in qualitative and quantitative data collection and management methods;
• Knowledge of USAID system of standard and custom indicators, results, and reporting;
• Strong understanding of higher education system, structures and actors in Malawi;
• Familiarity with organizational development principles and monitoring frameworks;
• Experience in supporting M&E for programs that promote gender equality highly desirable;
• Ability to work across various teams with excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build consensus and navigate complex operating environments;
• Willingness and ability to travel frequently to project sites around Malawi;
• Fluency in English required; Malawian nationals preferred;
• Commitment to the principles of inclusive approaches to programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; World Learning Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist Jobs in Malawi
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Malawi.