World Food Programme Programme Assistant (Programme Support Social Protection) Jobs in Uganda
World Food Programme Programme Assistant (Programme Support Social Protection) Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsThe UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger.
It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda.
Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas
Saving lives in Emergencies Building Resilience through Predictable Safety Nets;
Improving Nutrition & Mother-and Child Health;
Supporting Small Holder Farmers to Access Markets.
WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
The Programme Assistant (Programme Support Social Protection) will be part of WFP Uganda’s Country Strategy Plan and direction is to engage with local district governments (DLGs) and other partners to enhance programmes that translate resilience objectives into the design of programmes, and to back them up with the necessary investments in institutional capacity to ensure effective delivery.
This position will contribute to this strategic direction in supporting DLGs expand comprehensive social protection programmes, build resilience and programmes’ capacity to deliver outputs well.
The function will address vulnerability as multidimensional and the hungry poor are exposed to a range of risks that go beyond climate shocks.
Programmes that aim to build resilience need to apply a comprehensive approach to reducing risks, which include slow-onset changes related to the climate as well as social, economic and health risks.
This function is important to WFP’s contribution to the District Local Governments in Northern Uganda specifically the SIDA Programme. With core activities involving strategic engagement with DLGs, this role will be critical in ensuring that the social Protection & Resilience Unit has the needed inhouse administrative support for effective roll out the SIDA programme in West Nile Region.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Support social protection and resilience staff with a wide range of administrative actions also related to human resources, work programming/ planning, budget/financial management and procurement and partnership tasks of the Programme Unit.
• Coordinate and assist in the preparation of budget performance. Monitor, track spending and provide analysis between approved budgets and actual expenditures and commitments to ensure that planned financial resources are used effectively; and prepare or customize financial reports based on WFP corporate system generated reports.
• Manage the Social Protection Unit with respect to communications, meetings and workflow; identify complex or sensitive subjects, and contact, for special treatment as well as priority issues that need to be brought to the supervisor’s attention.
• Respond to complex queries from a variety of sources by producing targeted information or by re-directing to the most appropriate source.
• Prepare and/or consolidate unit reports, documentation including the production of forms, tables and charts; prepare complex correspondence, briefing notes and other documentation as requested.
• Prepare and maintain partnership agreements as well as process PODA and payments.
• Supervise and guide the social protection unit in the different administrative services including finance, programme, procurement, travel, human resources activities and/or other related areas.
• Brief/debrief and inform staff on rules and regulations, policies and practices and documentation required to their specific area of responsibility.
• Provide information and guidance to staff at all levels within the social protection unit to ensure understanding of intent and deadlines.
• Coordinate with other service units and liaise frequently with specialized staff at the duty station of assignment and outside the duty station. I.O.WUG01.SA.007
• WBS UG01.05.051.CSI1/SA, grant 70000777
• Assess and recommend improvements to procedures and practices, to contribute to the effective delivery of business support services.
• Process and approve delegated administrative actions in accordance with WFP rules and regulations.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• The ideal applicant for the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Programme Assistant (Programme Support Social Protection) job placement should possess a University Degree in one of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Finance, or other related fields
• Four or more years progressively responsible experience in budget management, administrative work, procurement, human resources, or any related fields.
• Solid analytical, writing skills, and communication skills. Effective verbal and written communications skills in English.
• Ability prepare and monitor a budget as well as analyse and interpret financial data Ability to proactively identify and recommend areas for improvement to the design and delivery of specialised services.
• Ability to work independently with initiative and strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions and capable of working with team of people from different cultures and backgrounds. A team-orientation is essential.
• Strong prioritization, time management skills and able to work under pressure.
• Experience in coordinating the work of others and self, training and supporting others.
• Experience in conducting analyses and developing financial and budget reports.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Knowledge of WFP administrative policies and procedures considered an asset.
• Experience using MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and other WFP software an asset.
• Team spirit and excellent interpersonal relations.
• Previous experience working in Northern Uganda is highly desirable.
• Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance: Can facilitate implementation of food assistance programmes under guidance using basic understanding of principles and good practices of programme design, implementation and monitoring.
• Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers): Demonstrates ability to facilitate, under guidance, food assistance programme implementation that deploys full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
• Knowledge of Specialized Areas: Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.
• Emergency Programming: Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
• Strategic Policy Engagement w/Govt: Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; World Food Programme Programme Assistant (Programme Support Social Protection) Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.