WFP Procurement Assistant Jobs in Kenya
WFP Procurement Assistant Jobs in Kenya The World Food Programme is the food assistance branch of the United Nations and the world's largest humanitarian organization addressing hunger and promoting food security.
To perform and apply appropriate processes, procedures and policies that support the efficient and effective procurement services. .
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
• Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support Professional staff in the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations.
• Compile data, prepare and distribute documents, to support successful procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), ensuring standard processes are followed.
• Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable the procurement of goods and services.
• Coordinate and monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables, and performing follow up actions to ensure supplies reach HQ and field operations.
• Research, collate and present information in standard formats, to enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
Key Accountabilities (continued)
• Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
• Liaise with internal counterparts to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
• Provide technical support and/or allocate work to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
• Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
• Candidate must demonstrate a good understanding of the hospitality (hotel/conference) market in Nairobi.
• Candidate must demonstrate ability to develop and implement cost savings strategies in the area of procurement of hospitality services
Standard Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Supply chain, Business Management, Business Administration or other relevant fields.
• One to two years’ experience of providing progressively responsible support in procurement work, including at least one year in procurement of hospitality services.
• Fluency in both oral and written English.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; WFP Procurement Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.