We World GVC ONLUS Communication Officer Jobs in Kenya
We World GVC ONLUS Communication Officer Jobs in KenyaTasks
• Contributing to the creation of materials to be published on the website and on the social media;
• Planning the production of web contents;
• Manage communication on social networks;
• Manage the preparation and publication of the monthly newsletter;
• Promote awareness campaigns and mobilization of funds;
• Manage and enrich the photo and video archive of WeWorld-GVC;
• Writing of articles and press releases.
• Participate in the meetings staff and with the Headquarter's.
• Promote local volunteerism in disaster risk reduction, prevention and response;
• Train local volunteers on organization and implementation of volunteer-based activities, when applicable;
• Promote partnerships and collaboration between local and European organizations;
• Draft and publish articles describing volunteer's experience in the field;
• Gather audiovisual materials to be used in a public awareness activity in the volunteer's local community in Europe;
• In coordination with the NGOs partner of the project, organize and execute a public awareness activity once back in Europe.
• The EU Aid Volunteer shall perform other duties, as required.Required CompetencesStudies Degree in communication, political science and related studies;
Specific media & communication studies desired;
Fluent in English both written and spoken;
Knowledge of Italian is an asset;
Excellent knowledge and good general knowledge of the full Office suite;
Intercultural awareness and respectful attitude towards other customs and traditions;
Good interpersonal, team working skills and ability to work independently;
Good ability to adapt to the situation of instability;
Ability to write reports and press releases;
knowledge of web 2.0 and its potential for the internet positioning;
Knowledge of the main CMS, the application office and e-mail tools;
Knowledge and passion for digital technologies and the web marketing (including SEO, SEM, Google AdWords / AdGrant, Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Linkedin Ads, HTML, CMS, web and social analytics);
Knowledge in the use of photo editing tools (eg. Adobe Photoshop), and basic graphical management for text and graphics.
Good general knowledge of the full Office suite;
Previous experience in developing countries;
Professional experience in similar activities (communications office, digital marketing, publishing activities) of at least 3 years.
Prior volunteer experience is an asset.
Eligibilitiy and Exception Criteria
The candidate for EU Aid Volunteers must be a citizen of the EU or a third country national who is a long-term resident in an EU Member State, and must have a minimum age of 18 years.
Availability for the Following Activities
• Training in presence in April/May 2020;
• Pre-deployment induction in WE WORLD-GVC HQ, in Bologna in the second half of May or June 2020;
• Deployment starting from the date specified in the vacancy.
01/01/2021 - 30/06/2021
Condition of Service
Length of Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Duty Station
Bologna or Milan, Italy, WeWorld-GVC HQ;
Conditions of service during the Apprenticeship
A monthly Subsistence Lump Sum (547,12 Euro per month) intends to cover basic needs and local transport;
A contribution for the accommodation in Bologna or Milan is foreseen;
The working calendar will be corresponding to the agenda and system established in the HQ; · For each month of voluntary activity two days of rest are foreseen;
The Hosting Organization for the present deployment is WW Kenya;
Length of Deployment
Deployment Duty Station
Conditions of Service During Deployment
A monthly Subsistence Lump Sum (515,95 Euro per month) intends to cover basic needs and local transport.
In addition, for each month of deployment 100 euro of post deployment resettlement allowance are foreseen.
Accommodation, Visa fees, insurance and airfares will be covered directly by sending and/or hosting organization.
The working calendar will be corresponding to the agenda and system established in the field.
For each month of voluntary activity two days of rest are foreseen, in addition to public holidays.
It is highly recommended not to use the rest days during the first and the last month of deployment.
Please note that more than one candidate per position will attend the training, to create an additional pool to cover drop-outs and unforeseen needs.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; We World GVC ONLUS Communication Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!