Wasafiri Consulting Regional Operations Manager Jobs in Kenya
Wasafiri Consulting Regional Operations Manager Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsWasafiri is a fast growing, values-led consultancy business, committed to delivering change in Africa.
Established in 2010 by a small group of Australian, British, Zambian and Rwandan development professionals, we are driven by the opportunity to contribute to the continent’s future.
We help people and organisations generate concerted action to reshape the political, economic or social systems that enable or constrain them.
Our work lies in helping businesses, governments and institutions tackle complex problems in these systems by;
About the Role
The Regional Operations Manager (ROM) will have both project-specific and more general corporate-level responsibilities.
In terms of project-specific responsibilities, the ROM will support a portfolio of projects based in East Africa, working closely with the project teams, including the Project Directors (PD), Team Leaders (TL), Research Managers (RM) and Project Coordinators (PC), to provide overall operation, risk and financial support to Wasafiri projects and ensure donor compliance with operational, risk and financial processes.
In terms of corporate-level responsibilities, the ROM will lead the East African office’s health, safety and security (HS&S) policies and procedures and ensure that our operations are compliant with the major donors and clients funding Wasafiri work.
The following are desirable skills and experience
• Consulting experience: Experience working within or with a commercial consultancy.
• Living and working in East Africa: Ideally with the right to live and work in Kenya.
Who we are Looking For
We are looking for the candidate to demonstrate a proven track record with the following essential professional skills and experience:
• Excellent project management and operational experience: Candidate must have at least 7 years of experience managing complex projects and initiatives, particularly in Africa, including related to security management and field movement management.
• Proven business and network record: Demonstration of existing networks with security operators at national and sub-national levels in Kenya will be highly considered, as well as a broad understanding of the local contexts in which Wasafiri works.
• Proven track record on operations: Demonstration of experience in managing large scale movements in hostile and difficult environments.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: Strong written and oral communication skills in both English and Kiswahili is essential
• Strong knowledge of donor compliance: Knowledge of donor (DFID and/or USAID at minimum) policies and regulations required. Interview will include questions related to donor compliance.
The successful candidate that will thrive with the role in Wasafiri will be able to describe the following style and approach with how they work:
• Excited to be in an entrepreneurial environment: A willingness to be flexible in the role, do what it takes to get the job done; comfortable negotiating with senior clients, and willing to, when needed, get stuck in with basic tasks.
• Proactivity and autonomy: Values collaboration, relationships and high-quality delivery. The role requires a proactive and collaborative style, and an ability to work independently.
How to Apply
To apply for the post, please complete application form and submit a max 3-page CV.
Please note: We will only be accepting completed applications, CVs alone will be discarded.
Submit applications and questions to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Midnight EAT 15th June 2020.
We will be reviewing applications as they arrive and will appoint once a suitable candidate is identified, early applications preferred.
Late applications may be considered.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.