VVOB Senior Accountant Jobs in Uganda
VVOB Senior Accountant Jobs in Uganda VVOB - education for development, is a non-profit organization that focuses on improving the quality of education.
WOB is currently hiring for the following positions (national staff):
The Senior Accountant reports to the management team and is part of VVOB's operations team.
(s)He supervises the Finance, Administration and logistics officers, and works in close collaboration with the office administrative assistants in the framework of WOB's current and future programmes.
As a finance expert, you are experienced in managing various donor funded programmes and shall hold delegated responsibility on all matters related to accounting for VVOB's programmes funded through various donors.
You are organized, proactive and take the initiative to implement a high quality accounting and financial management system at WOB's country offices in Kampala and Gulu.
As a quality caretaker, you comply and ensure compliance with donor and Woe's internal financial guidelines. You protect the interests of the organization at all times, ensuring value for money.
As such, the Senior Accountant is Responsible for
• Setting up and documenting VVOB Uganda's local financial procedures and systems as guided by the global financial handbook
• Supervising the finance & administration officers to ensure proper (timely, complete, correct) recording of financial transactions and update of the Navision accounting system.
• Ensuring timely collection of good quality supporting financial and procurement documentation according to the latest donor rules and financial guidelines
• Ensuring compliance with local regulatory authorities including the processing of tax and social security returns.
• Examining and analyzing financial records and preparing monthly/quarterly/annual financial documents such as reports, budgets, fund requests, tax returns and vendor, bank & cash reconciliations according to VVOB's financial and donor guidelines.
• Coordinating, preparing and supporting all financial audits (international, local and donor). Advising management team on financial performance and current development partner regulations.
• Supervision, development and coaching of finance and administration officers.
• You shall also develop the capacity of other staff and operational partners on financial procedures.
Profile Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
• Master's degree in finance, accounting, management or equivalent through experience. Membership of an accredited accounting body e.g. ICPAU, ACCA.
• At least five years of relevant work experience in finance, accounting and double entry bookkeeping, three years of which must be with donor funded programmes.
• In depth understanding of financial management, accounting principles and practices including the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Financial reporting experience and use of accounting software.
• IT skills and experience of streamlining and digitizing financial processes is desirable.
• Experience of working in a multicultural team is an asset.
• Team player, organized, prioritizes work, and ability to work under pressure.
• Language proficiency: excellent spoken and written English.
How to Apply
Please send your application by email only to
Your application should include:
• In the subject line: Application: name - position for which you apply
• Motivation letter (PDF, attached).
• CV, including 3 reference persons and telephone and email contacts (former and current employers only) (PDF, attached).
• Salary expectations (PDF, attached).
Deadline for applications is Sunday, 29 March 2020.
Shortlisted candidates are invited for a written test (home assignment), and selected candidates will be invited for Interview.
Comprehensive reference checks will be made before a final offer.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.