VVOB - Education for Development Communication Advisor Jobs in Uganda
VVOB - Education for Development Communication Advisor Jobs in UgandaJob Description As an expert and quality caretaker, you develop the VVOB Uganda Communication Strategy, and coordinate its implementation.
You provide technical support and input to VVOB Advisors, Coordinators and partners in communication, networking, and advocacy on all VVOBs programmes in the education sector in Uganda.
You are responsible for the external and internal communication of VVOB in Uganda.
The Communication Advisor reports to the Programme Manager but works in close collaboration with the Deputy Programme Manager.
The Communication Advisor also frequently collaborates with the communications team at VVOB’s headquarters in Belgium and with the communications team of other partners (e.g. TaRL Africa, UNICEF).
You lead in the development of balanced communication outputs (include articles, blogs, and social media posts and visual tools such as info-graphs, pictures, and videos), depending on the best channels to reach the target groups. The Communication advisor supports with the lay-out and printing of publications.
The Communication advisor also supports the team with the organisation and communication aspects of events. The communication advisor will also support improved internal communication by sharing regular programme updates and supporting efficient use of an online document management system.
Function Specific Competencies
• Communication skills: listening, speaking & writing
• 360° empathy
• Problem analysis & judgement
• Master’s Degree in communication, with at least three years of relevant working experience.
• You should demonstrate your experience in supporting external and internal communication, through:
• Your own active Facebook and twitter accounts and, ideally, those of organisations whose accounts you maintained. These should have smart content, attractive images, and a strong following.
• Blogs, articles, and other communication products you developed, preferably on the topic of education.
• Your portfolio of pictures and other visual materials, ideally with people in their natural environments.
• Having an online document management system, and clear ideas on how such a system should be set up and can work for a team with diverse background.
• A vision and experience, and strategic ideas related to improved internal communication.
• Successful event organization.
• Work experience in the education and development sectors is considered an asset.
• Willingness and ability to travel regularly throughout the country
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; VVOB - Education for Development Communication Advisor Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.