VVOB Country Programmes Manager Jobs in Kenya
VVOB Country Programmes Manager Jobs in Kenya
VVOB in Kenya Our country office in Kenya is the newest addition in the growth of VVOB. We expect to start-up our first project in Kenya in January 2022, and then gradually expand our project portfolio from there. Our first project will support the implementation of the new competence-based curriculum in Kenya, specifically at
the junior secondary level.
The focus of this project will be on strengthening the instructional leadership skills of school leaders by providing them with new opportunities for their continuous professional development, combining a traditional cascade training system with innovative app-based learning experiences.
Purpose of the function
Your specific mission as Country Programmes Manager in Kenya would be to start all country operations in this new country, ranging from building partnerships with governmental partners to opening a VVOB office.
Furthermore, as our Country Programmes Manager, you bear the end-responsibility for all VVOB’s operations in Kenya. You carry out the vision and mission of VVOB in Kenya, you start and develop our business further within the country and contribute to global business development. You report to the General Director and you are the
direct or indirect manager of all the VVOB employees in Kenya.
Start the country operations:
• You establish new strategic and operational partnerships and formalise them in ‘Memoranda of
• You introduce VVOB towards relevant Kenyan authorities, educational institutions and (international) developmental partners;
• You open a VVOB office in Nairobi and are ready to handle the administrative and practical tasks as well that come together with this;
• You recruit national colleagues and build a strong team.
Further CPM Responsibilities:
• As a leader and role model, you develop and inspire strong teams;
• You hold the end responsibility of all VVOB operations within the country, including finances, human resources and internal organisation and you are accountable for key results of the country operations in terms of programme results and financial results;
• You provide input for organisation wide strategy and policy development;
• You translate general organisational strategies and policies into relevant, feasible, effective and efficient strategies, policies and programmes at the country level;
• You are actively involved in the further development of the business at country level, including portfolio management, highlighting of achievements, identifying the landscape of both partnerships and competition and seeking new funding opportunities;
• You maintain a network with relevant government, funding, technical and network partners and other
internal and external stakeholders. Furthermore, you represent VVOB towards them.
If you’re our Country Programmes Manager, your workweek at the office will include the following highlights:
You have a meeting with your right-hand, the operations manager, about financial processes and the
draft budget for a multimillion project we’re trying to secure;
You have a discussion with the education advisors in your team about the progress and next steps of the programmes. Any challenges, e.g. in the cooperation with partners, are raised here;
You give a presentation at the Ministry of Education on VVOB’s work, to the country’s top officials;
Lunch! A perfect way to nurture relationships with the country directors of other international NGOs in the country;
You log in to a Teams meeting to touch base with VVOB’s head office in Belgiumon the quarterly progress of VVOB’s activities in the country.
You’re well prepared on everything from finances to human resources and any upcoming
VIP visits of partners to our programmes, and any other relevant subjects;
You respond to a policy note sent by the VVOB Directors on the new strategic
and operational objectives for VVOB in 2022-2030.
Your expertise and experience
• You have a Master’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience;
• You have at least 2 years international (working) experience in Low and Middle income countries;
• You have strong and proven management and leadership skills with a track record of success in building effective teams and leading and motivating a diverse group of professional staff;
• You have demonstrated and successful experience in strategic networking and partnership building with a varied range of partners, including government partners, donors and investors. You have experience working alongside Ministry of Education staff;
• You have experience with capacity development processes and strategies, change processes and change management at institutional level;
• You have experience in organisational development and leading an organisation through change;
• You have at least 3 years’ work experience in managing a project portfolio with an annual budget of more than $1 million;
• Experience with managing starting projects, programmes, country operations or other businesses, including building strong teams starting from zero, is a plus;
• English proficiency: CEFR level C1.
VVOB core competences:
• Result Orientation
• Continuous Improvement
Function specific competencies:
• Giving Direction
• Vision Building
• Strategic Networking & Partnership Building.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; VVOB Country Programmes Manager Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.