VSO Business Pursuit Lead – Jobs in Ethiopia
VSO Business Pursuit Lead – Jobs in Ethiopia
Role purpose As a Business Pursuit Lead, you will be responsible for growing VSO’s ability to deliver impact and influence through volunteering for development by securing funding for VSO projects and work in Ethiopia. As part of the global business pursuit team, you will also from time to time contribute to thepursuit and development of opportunities in other countries, including the Horn of Africa.
• Achieve ambitious annual business pursuit targets (£3m+) working with institutional donors,
foundations, corporations and implementing partners to enable VSO to scale its programmes
and impact in Ethiopia by securing large grants and contracts.
• Proactively lead the development, positioning and deepening of relationships with VSO
strategic and key donors (to include; UK FCDO, USAID, World Bank, EU, UN, German GIZ &
KfW, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Dutch MoFA, GAVI, Global Fund) in Ethiopia.
• Proactively lead the development and deepening of VSO’s relationships with key partners and
networks (government agencies, INGOs, Local Nongovernmental Organizations, the private
sector and others to secure funding and raise the profile of VSO in Ethiopia.
• Represent VSO externally and internally, in line with our organisational mission through
evidence-based pre-positioning, influencing, partnership and consortium building and policy
• Develop a deep understanding of VSO’s Practice Areas and local programmes in Ethiopia, and across VSO’s global operations to be able to talk persuasively with external donors and partners about VSO’s track-record and impact from our volunteering for development approach in contextually relevant ways.
• Ensure alignment of income growth activity with programme strategy and to agree VSO internal and external messaging with other members of the Business Pursuit team and Business Pursuit network.
• Identify new programme opportunities, cultivate donor/partner relationships and secure major
new funding in line with direction from VSO’s Practice Area and Volunteering for Development
Engagement and Leadership
• Share learning from donor relationships with Project Implementation Leadership and teams
• Contribute to the development of a positive VSO workplace culture, identifying opportunities
for collaboration and sharing knowledge with the implementation teams in Ethiopia.
• compliance with relevant regulatory, data sharing and due diligence requirements working
with People, Compliance and Legal colleagues.
• Contribute senior leadership or accompaniment to in country implementation team in the management of incidents to assist with compliance and reputational perspectives.
Qualification and experience
• Significant business pursuit experience with a proven track record of increasing secured
funding success and delivering income against targets.
• Experience of establishing and cultivating strong donor relationships that have delivered
substantially increased funding.
• Experience of proactively building and maintaining effective partnerships both internally and externally.
• Excellent personal relationship and communication skills with substantial experience in networking and influencing a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Tenacious marketing and pre-positioning skills and attributes.
• Strong political and cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• Knowledge and understanding of the role of volunteerism, social inclusion, social accountability and resilience in development.
• Fluency in written and spoken English (additional language abilities welcome).
• Commitment to VSO’s vision and values, including safeguarding and taking a zero-tolerance approach to abuse and harm.
• Excellent practical knowledge of Microsoft 365.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; VSO Business Pursuit Lead – Jobs in Ethiopia
Find daily jobs in Ethiopia. Jobs - Ethiopia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ethiopian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ethiopia.
Jobs in Ethiopia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ethiopia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ethiopia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.