Vibrant Village Foundation Field OfficerJobs in Ghana
Vibrant Village Foundation Field OfficerJobs in Ghana
Job Details: The Vibrant Village Foundation (VVF) is a private Foundation headquartered in Portland, Oregon State in the U.S.A. Established in 2010, the Foundation provides direct assistance and grants to support Agriculture, Livelihoods, Health, Education, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in marginalized and deprived communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
VVF has supported programs in over 22 countries since its inception. In Ghana, the Foundation has contributed significantly towards poverty reduction in the Fielmuo community in theUpper West region of Ghana. Fielmuo is located in the Sissala West district and about 150km drive north of Wa-the Upper West regional capital.
VVF has facilitated the provision of safe drinking water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH), education, health and vocational skills training to over 14,237 people in 36 communities in the Sissala West and Lambussie districts.
In 2018 VVF developed a 10-year strategy under the theme ‘Integrated Program for Poverty Reduction and Social Transformation’ (IMPREST). The goal of the program is to contribute to poverty reduction, improved wellbeing and resilience of vulnerable populations through the implementation of multi-sectorial programs namely, Education and Child Protection, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, and Livelihood, Food Security and Empowerment of Women.
We are searching for a self-motivated person to recruit as Field Officer to coordinate VVF activities in a cluster of communities within the Lambussie and Sissala West district.
Roles and responsibilities of the field officer
• Participate in the identification and enrolment of communities in the program
• Observe community entry protocols in new communities
• Mobilize stakeholders and beneficiaries to participate in program activities of LIFE, E-CLIP and WASH Programs
• Facilitate the setting up of program structures such as the VSLA, FBO's, Drama groups etc.
• Serve as a link between VVF and the target communities.
• Identify and work closely with opinion leaders and traditional and religious leaders in the communities.
• Sensitize communities on the various interventions and strategies of the foundation.
• Represent VVF at community level meetings in consultation with the coordinator or supervisor.
• Work with coordinators to develop training materials.
• Facilitate training of beneficiaries on activities that relates to LIFE, WASH and E-CLIP programs.
• Support project structures to develop and implement action plans.
• Facilitate the development and strengthening of child abuse reporting channels.
• Provide psychosocial counseling to extremely vulnerable and depressed children.
• Strengthen capacity of community-based
protection systems to respond to child rights concerns.
• Mainstream gender and protection concepts and principles in all programs.
• Provide technical support to farmers to increase the adoption of sustainable agriculture practices.
• Participate in developing quarterly and annual work plans and budgets.
• Ensure effective implementation of project work plans in a timely manner.
• Ensure effective and consistent use of M&E tools in data collection.
• Facilitate the distribution of teaching and learning materials to schools.
• Document success stories, best practices and lessons learned from program implementation.
• Prepare and share weekly, monthly and activity based reports with supervisors.
• Participate in project accountability platforms including the project steering committee and staff.
• Build rapport with beneficiary communities, traditional authorities, government agencies, CSOs and Private sector actors.
• Represent VVF at stakeholder meetings in consultation with supervisor (s).
• Support in carrying out administrative and support functions from time to time.
• Perform any other lawful duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or VVF management.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Agronomy, Development Studies, Social Sciences or relevant area or equivalent work experience.
• At least 3 years’ experience working in similar position with a non-profit organization.
• Ability to ride a motor bike for long distances.
• Ability to work in multi-ethnic and culturally diverse stakeholders.
• Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
• Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English required.
• Ability to Speak Sissali and/or Dagaare language will be an advantage.
• Strong commitment to improving the well-being of families in rural communities.
• Basic computer skills in word and excel.
How to Apply
In a single document, please submit your CV and cover letter including salary expectations to the recruiting team at
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Female Candidates and kindly encouraged to apply.
Find daily jobs in Ghana. Jobs - Ghana jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ghana job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ghana.
Jobs in Ghana - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ghana.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ghana posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.