USAID USPSC OTI Senior Regional Advisor Jobs in Ghana
USAID USPSC OTI Senior Regional Advisor Jobs in GhanaThrough coordination with OTI’s home office, the Senior Regional Advisor will stay abreast of current thinking, policy determinations, lessons learned and best practices from other regions, while at the same time cultivating and sharing best practices found in the field.
Through on-the-ground knowledge of OTI country programs, the Senior Regional Advisor will contribute to the refinement of OTI’s learning and training strategy, training regimes, and materials for staff in country programs as well as office surge staff known as the Bullpen.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Washington-based DCHA/OTI Regional Team Leader for West Africa, and while closely maintaining a line of day-to-day coordination with the USAID Regional Mission Director and the Regional Peace and Governance Office (RPGO) Director. will perform the following duties:
● Ensure effective and well-managed OTI country programs by performing independent analysis of program operations, and helping to mentor, train, and advise the Country Representative, Deputy Country Representative, and other members of in-country Senior Management Teams (including implementing partner staff where appropriate) on OTI’s business model, programming methodology, applicable historical references, and observed personal and corporate lessons;
● Advise at strategic, programmatic and activity levels to ensure the overall success of OTI programs in the region;
● Provide high-level support to U.S. Embassies and USAID Missions for the design and execution of programs that follow OTI’s quick-impact programming model;
● Monitor regional developments related to CPS and OTI’s mission and mandate. Provide ongoing analysis and regular reporting to the Regional Team Leader on current political developments, security concerns and other pertinent information from the region for informed decision-making;
● Provide high-level advisory support and participation in policy development, strategy sessions, or special projects and initiatives for the Bureau for Conflict Prevention and Stabilization (CPS), the Africa Bureau, and/or other USAID offices;
● Travel to current or potential OTI field locations and Washington, DC to conduct new country assessments, provide strategy guidance, and/or assist in the design of a new or existing programs. Travel will also be required to attend relevant regional conferences and workshops;
● As requested, support management of ongoing OTI programs in the region on a temporary duty (TDY) or remote basis, including but not limited to serving as Acting Country Representative or Acting Deputy Country Representative;
● Actively manage learning and training in CPS/OTI by linking, contributing to, and refining observed lessons and best practices from the field, program, and personnel requirements to OTI’s knowledge management team;
● Serve as OTI’s representative, regional expert and liaison for new country start-ups, strategic analysis and dialogue with senior U.S. Government officials and representatives throughout the region; and
● Provide strategic advice to the OTI Regional Team Leader about the direction and implementation of country programs, and the performance of in-country staff. Guide the Regional Team Leader and relevant country teams to devise strategies for the improvement and success of OTI programs.
The Senior Regional Advisor will be supervised by the Washington-based OTI Regional Team Leader for West Africa or his/her designee as part of OTI’s Field Programs Division, and will also maintain a close line of day-to-day coordination with the USAID/Ghana-based USAID Mission Director.
In addition, the Senior Regional Advisor will supervise the Program Management Assistant (FSN) based in Accra, Ghana.
The supervisor will provide administrative directions in terms of broadly defined missions or functions.
The employee will independently plan, design and carry out programs, projects, studies or other work assignments.
The employee’s work will be considered technically authoritative and normally accepted without significant change, and will be reviewed in terms of fulfillment of program objectives or influence on the overall program.
At a minimum, the applicant must have
A Master’s Degree with nine (9) years of work experience;
A Bachelor’s Degree with eleven (11) years of work experience;
Minimum of nine (9) years of recent project management experience with a USG foreign affairs agency, international assistance organization, or non-governmental organization, in political transition, complex crises, community development, stabilization programming, economic development, mediation/arbitration, conflict resolution, democracy and governance, international law, human rights activities, and/or political analysis;
Minimum of six (6) years of overseas field experience working in one or more developing countries;
Minimum of six (6) years of supervisory experience.
Please direct questions about this position or the offer process to the OTI Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; USAID USPSC OTI Senior Regional Advisor Jobs in Ghana
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.