USAID Monitoring and Evaluation Associate Jobs in Uganda
USAID Monitoring and Evaluation Associate Jobs in UgandaBackgroundThe Strategic Information Technical Support (SITES) Project is a five-year project (2018-2023) that was awarded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to Social & Scientific Systems Inc. (SSS]
The purpose of the SITES Project is to facilitate, promote and enhance evidence-based programming and reporting in Uganda's health system, particularly its response against the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
As part of its work, SITES conducts various activities that aim to strengthen the evidence base for PEPFAR and Family Health program performance improvement, as well as data quality improvement in national/district performance monitoring systems.
In order to achieve the project objectives SITES has identified the need for ME Associates to work under supervision of technical officers at SITES to conduct various activities.
The various activities that support is sought will include
• Routine technical field support visits to districts to review, analyze and develop dashboards for their own quarterly performance review using DHIS2 and other data sources.
• Train and strengthen Data Use Committees (Strategic Information TWGs) at district and facility levels to synthesize data for learning and program management, develop & update dashboards and prepare talking points to share with decision-makers.
• Regional and national data review, cleaning and mining data collected in the National and PEPFAR specific M&E Systems including OVC MIS and DHIS 2 systems.
• Support field OVC Data Quality Assessments for USG implementing partners through conducting field data collection, analysis and report generation.
The M&E Associate should be available for training and deployment at short notice. .
• Some of the MSE Associates may be assigned supervisory roles based on demonstrated competence during training or field work.
The specific tasks will comprise of
• Participate in relevant training activities involving field methods and tools to be used for the various assessments
• Conduct training of IP, district and facility teams in HMIS and OVCMIS data management and the use of the revised HMIS/Case management tools.
• Support regional performance reviews and data analysis
• Provide technical support to teams during the national performance review and data analysis meetings
• Work under SITES guidance to support PEPFAR data management processes
• Develop relevant analytic products at implementing partner, district and facility levels
• Compile and mine data to generate summary statistics, dashboards and analytic papers to guide program improvement at district/facility levels.
• Produce activity reports timely upon completion of an activity
Other Attributes and Competencies
• Ability to work under tight deadlines, self-driven with minimum supervision to meet defined objectives
• Attend all technical training as outlined in the concept notes/proposals.
• Willing and commitment to work away from home and travel continuously.
• Must be able to organize oneself and work independent of close supervision
• Ability to adapt to local field conditions.
• Supervision: The various activities will be conducted under supervision of the relevant SITES Team Leads
Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of a Relevant University Degree and experience with health information systems especially HIV/AIDS information systems, Family Health (RMNCAH), DHIS2 and OVCMIS
• Must be able to read and speak fluently in English and at least one main local language.
• Able to work with computers and tablets with basic analytic skills.
• Past experience working in HIV/AIDS Information systems at national, district, regional or facility level
• Experience working on Family Health information systems Including: Maternal, Newborn, Child Health & Family Planning Experience working on OVC management information systems
• Must have good organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Should be available for training and deployment at short notice.
Relevant University Degree
How to Apply
To apply please send your CV and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 9 2020.
Only pre-selected applicants will be contacted
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.