USAID Kenya Communications Consultant Jobs
USAID Kenya Communications Consultant Jobs USAID/Kenya and East Africa is a large, full-service Mission. Sectors targeted are: health, governance, agriculture, private sector development, environmental conservation, and education.
The Office of Health, Population and Nutrition (HPN) programs are expansive, providing quality health care to millions of Kenyans nationwide through a mix of integrated and vertical services designed to strengthen local capacity.
It offers life-saving treatment to over one million HIV/AIDS patients on antiretroviral drug therapy.
The FY 2018 health budget is over $400 million; the estimated five-year budget is over $2 billion.
Kenya is one of the largest recipient or resources through the President s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Scope of Work
The Communication Advisor will assist to develop and manage communications throughout HPNs technical areas of HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH), nutrition, and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH).
In addition, the contractor will promote USAID/Kenya and East Africa (KEA) s health platform that cut across several technical offices within KEA and the interagency space, or across missions within the region.
S/he will manage all communications to numerous internal and external stakeholders including bilateral USAID Missions, USAID/Washington, PEPFAR Coordination Office, and other U.S. Agencies or Departments.
Using various resources and tracking programs to produce both internal and external communications, the employee will ensure messages are consistent with the overall USAID/KEA objectives to explain, promote, and raise awareness of HPN s health activities.
This will include developing communication materials, case studies, white papers, newsletter content, social media content, remarks, speeches, briefing checklists (BCLs), and other tools as necessary to raise awareness of the portfolio and highlight success stories to ensure that all stakeholders are well informed of HPN activities and to maximize opportunities for coordinated programming, sharing of best practices, and improved knowledge management.
In addition, the employee will develop and provide training for HPN staff and its implementing partners to strengthen communication skills and practices and will support, as requested, a broad range of communication approaches including public events and social media
Length of Contract The consultancy is expected to be for a period of 2 months
Qualifications and Experience Required
• A Masters degree in a relevant professional discipline such as media, journalism, communications, international relations, marketing and/or public health degree.
• A minimum of seven years of experience directly involved in media, outreach and communications in development partner and/or donor contexts.
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to liaise authoritatively with representatives from the development sector, local media, local government, USG, and other relevant actors.
• Clear understanding and demonstrated skills in outreach and coordination of organizational messaging is required.
• Demonstrated experience in leading consultations and facilitation of various teams with diverse backgrounds and development perspectives;
• Demonstrated experience working with USG leadership at the working- and senior-levels.
• Working knowledge of USG policies, priorities and strategies;
• Demonstrated familiarity and expertise with a diverse range of communications software.
• Ability to lead meetings and presentations with internal and external stakeholders.
• Able to exercise broad knowledge of USAID regulations related to communications, Africa Bureau and PPL procedural guidance, USAID/USG strategy documents, Mission Orders, Automated Directive System (ADS), and the Foreign Affairs Handbook (FAR), PPL policies, and other USAID or USG policies related to communications.
• Be proactive in keeping abreast of evolving guidelines and policies of the Strategic Planning and Analysis (SPA) Office, the SPA DOC team, and USAID/KEA, including but not limited to the Branding and Marking Guidance, Mission Orders, Mission Notices, and USG procurement regulations.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; USAID Kenya Communications Consultant Jobs
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.