USAID Discover Health Project Finance and Administration Officer Jobs in Zambia
USAID Discover Health Project Finance and Administration Officer Jobs in Zambia JSI implements the five-year USAID DISCOVER-Health project to support the Ministry of Health (MOH) in the provision of quality health services and products.
The project’s aim is to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels.
The project utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private sectors to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets.
• Ensure that payments are made on timely basis following laid down financial regulations as per USAID and JSI policies governing payables
• Assist the Regional Director with the day-to-day financial and administration operations of the provincial office
• Provide financial management for the provincial office and manage petty cash float, assist with procurement analysis as required, general Admin and HR filing.
• Submit monthly provincial financial reports to the Head Office – Lusaka for consolidation.
• Submit on a monthly basis regional cash flow projection to the Head Office – Lusaka.
• Ensure that advances for the provincial staff are retired promptly in accordance with JSI financial policy.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and any other financial reports.
• Provide guidance to the entire team on charging relevant expenses to their respective codes and budget tracking of both program and admin budgets.
• Provide Custody of office inventory.
• Oversee the general administrative functioning of the office – i.e. office maintenance, repairs, house-keeping, and ensure the security of the office, property and staff.
• Supervise the all the drivers to ensure adherence to responsibilities as per job description and JSI transport policy
• Ensures the senior driver carries out routine pre-operational checks on the provincial project vehicle(s)
• Check vehicle Logbooks on a regular basis and ensure fuel reconciliation is done bi- weekly and manage in-house trip planning
• Obtain quotes and pro-forma invoices from vendors as directed by the procurement office and regional director, including ensuring that JSI procurement procedures are adhered to
• Act as focal point for all procurement of furniture, equipment and services for the provincial office,
• Receives and sends documents and ensures that a tracking system is in place for in-coming and out-going correspondence parcels and packages
• Providing support in all training preparation activities taking place in the province as designated by head office
Required Qualifications and Skills
• ZICA, ACCA Part II /CIMA Part II or equivalent with at least 2 years of financial and administrative experience.
• Excellent verbal and written English.
• Ability to take initiative and work in teams.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Experience and knowledge of Zambian tax laws and experience working with an NGO preferred.
• Financial & administrative experience with a USAID-funded project and knowledge of USAID rules & regulations strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Please send email applications to
firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications: Tuesday July 28th 2020
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.