USAID Discover Health Project Advisor – Social & Behavioural Change Communication Jobs in Zambia
USAID Discover Health Project Advisor – Social & Behavioural Change Communication Jobs in ZambiaPosition Overview The Advisor, Social and Behavioural Change Communication (SBCC) provides strategic, technical and programmatic support to the USAID DISCOVER-Health in the area of Social and Behavioural Change Communication in the project focus areas.
These focus areas include but are not limited to HTS, ART, FP, VMMC, PrEP and other health services incidental to project implementation. .
• Strategic, technical and programmatic support to all project areas related to Social and Behavioural Change Communication.
• Capacity development to other Project Staff on SBCC in general.
• Evidence and knowledge development and dissemination in the area of SBCC.
• Working collaboratively with other project staff, facilitate policy dialogue and technical representation in national level SBCC related areas;
• Effective programme and project result-based management based on the SBCC targets given by USAID to the Project.
• Effectively managing relationships with government / other partners
• Lead the development of overall USAID DISCOVER-Health SBCC strategic direction, with particular emphasis on the projects focus areas namely: HTS, ART, FP, VMMC, PrEP, and other health services incidental to project implementation.
• Support the timely and quality implementation of annual work plans for USAID DISCOVER-Health.
• Formation and strengthening of SBCC interventions in USAID DISCOVER-Health sites
• Identify key gaps in knowledge and understanding, identify promising and innovative SBCC related approaches, and contribute to the design and oversight of research or studies to test and document their effectiveness;
• Facilitate development of SBCC related strategies consistent with basic SBCC principles, and incorporating innovative, multi-faceted delivery channels.
• Work with advertising/creative agencies in the development and production of campaign materials and products.
• Oversee the implementation of SBCC campaigns.
• Support the design and implementation of formative research.
• Lead the development and/or adaptation of context specific SBCC related messaging and materials.
• Lead the development and/or adaptation of context specific SBCC related training materials
Knowledge, Skills and Background
• Knowledge and experience in design and implementation of evidence-based behaviour change approaches;
• Experience in the design and implementation of behaviour change programming in the context of multi-sectorial approaches;
• Solid understanding of HIV and sexual reproductive health
• Strategic thinker, strong team player, able to deliver results without close supervision;
• Demonstrated success in managing the development of graphic and other communication materials to support behaviour change; and,
• Proficiency in MS Office and internet applications.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in one of the following or related fields: health education and/or communication; international public health, or other social sciences; Master’s Degree is added advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working with government entities, UN agencies, PVOs and NGOs.
• History of engagement with USAID-funded initiatives is highly desirable;
• Demonstrated success in applying behaviour change theory and approaches in applied field settings.
• Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
• Demonstrated success in working with local government and NGO stakeholders, and experience in capacity building.
How to Apply
Please send email applications to
email@example.com indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications: Tuesday July 28th 2020
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.