URC Senior Monitoring, Evaluation & Database Officer Jobs in Uganda
URC Senior Monitoring, Evaluation & Database Officer Jobs in UgandaJob Purpose: Under the supervision of the Senior M&E Advisor, the Senior Monitoring, Evaluation & Database officer is responsible for supporting the design of the project's monitoring, evaluation and Database management agenda.
He/She will support the creation of systems to measure and document program process, output and impact data results by routinely and systematically collecting, analyzing and presenting program data for project staff, partners as well as the donors within the districts that are under their direct support and under G2G mechanism.
• He/She is responsible for all the Districts' M&E needs.
• He/She will directly provide management of the data officer, working closely with the database manager.
• H/she will provide database management support to EC region.
• The responsibilities of the Senior Monitoring, Evaluation & Database Officer fall into two categories: Technical support and management support to cluster M&E Teams:
• Manage all the project Information Systems and Databases Develop and amend changes to the RHITES EC database as the organization requires Manage, administer, support and control Uganda EMR systems across the EC region to ensure zero downtime Work with Database Manager to design, manage and administer open source data collections tools like ODK collect and ODK Aggregate server
• Support Senior M&E officers, advisors to trouble shoot ODK, EMR challenges (seek support from Database manager) Senior M&E Roles
• Build capacity of Data officers and data clerks to provide technical support to medical records assistants Ensure proper data management procedures (SOPs, Job Aides etc) are disseminated and maintained in the cluster districts (across supported facilities)
• Coordinate District Biostatisticians and G2G M&E contact to conduct monthly quarterly data cleaning across districts
• Disseminate to RHITES EC cluster staff donor specific reports/data (received from Jinja office) to project teams and other stakeholders of RHITES EC
• Coordinate between District Biostatistician and Cluster teams to ensure smooth implementation of HMIS functions in the cluster
• Prepare and disseminate HMIS technical support work plans and activity reports for the allocated districts and submit to the Senior M&E Advisor and RPM.
• Establish and maintain a project data storage mechanism for project data for easy access by cluster teams
• Empower data officers to conduct data verification, quality control & improvement activities at health facilities to ensure quality DHIS2, HIBRID, ODK data is collected
• Conduct routine data quality assessments with Senior M&E Advisor
• Establish and maintain a system to track availability of HMIS tools, patient files, and logistics for proper storage of patient records and share with Senior M&E Advisor Conduct technical support supervision to health facilities to ensure patient registers at health facilities are updated in time for HMIS reporting
• Build capacity of cluster project team to understand project AMELP indicators, including PEPFAR indicators as well as disseminate and explain project targets within the cluster teams.
• Provide M&E technical guidance to cluster project teams on M&E aspects relating to project program areas
• Analyse and disseminate data for cluster performance review meetings and cluster stakeholder meetings(includes displaying data at cluster offices) Coordinate HIBRID, KP Tracker, YAPs MIS, DHIS2, HRIS, SURGE, ODK data entry to ensure quality data is submitted for measuring project performance.
• Ensure functional data management electronic systems within the cluster (.e. across supported districts) to aide patient management and reporting (ie. Uganda EMR, ODK, Surge reporting platform) Work with M&E Specialist for community to strengthen community M&E systems (includes LQAS) in the cluster through ensuring availability of data collection tools, equipping district community teams with data collection skills and reporting in time
• Ensure functional data management electronic systems within the cluster (i.e. across supported districts) to aide patient management and reporting (ie. Uganda EMR, ODK, Surge reporting platform)
• Work with M&E Specialist for community to strengthen community M&E systems (includes LQAS) in the cluster through ensuring availability of data collection tools, equipping district community teams with data collection skills and reporting in time to submit in DHIS2
• Provide periodic and adhoc data as requested by Senior M&E Advisors (Includes data calls)
• Perform any other responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
• Team Management responsibilities:
• Supervise and appraise District data officers to deliver required results Empower, build capacity and support data officers and data clerks to ensure they are equipped to support the health facilities of allocation.
• Support District Data officers to raise requests, review and forward to Senior M&E Advisor Coordinate with key District and cluster stakeholders including districts, Jinja office M&E team and other key M&E stakeholders in the cluster.
• Conduct regular update coordination meetings for data clerks and data officers in the cluster
• Contribute to the development of cluster annual workplan, reports and other deliverables to Jinja Office.
Minimum Qualifications: Required Experience & Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree of Statistics (Statistical Computing Option), Computer Science, Informatics, or equivalent qualification.
• Possession of a Post-graduate qualification the same fields is an added advantage.
• Post-graduate in Monitoring and Evaluation, public health, statistics, is desirable
• At least three (3) years of relevant professional experience in leading M&E processes, database management and survey activities for complex health systems strengthening and/or service delivery programs.
• At least 2 years' experience with providing HMIS support in a Health Systems Strengthening approach, in HIV/AIDS, malaria, family planning, maternal, new born and child health, or nutrition is desirable.
• Experience in the use of HMIS, DHIS2, PPEFAR Data Management System, DATIM and UgandaEMR Knowledge of use of Ms Excel, SPSS, STATA, GIS, ODK Demonstrated expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research methods (including visual analysis using maps)
• Experience with conducting Lot Quality Assurance Sampling (LQAS) data collection Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills and oral and written communication skills in English. Previous experience working on US government programs will be considered an asset.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
• Experience with USAID, PEPFAR and or other donor projects.
• Experience collaborating and developing partnerships with Ministries of Health/ National Programs, District Local Governments, donors, NGOs, and/or other stakeholders on HIV/TB and/or RMNCH initiatives in alignment with national strategic plans.
• Experience in managing quality improvement interventions and technical institutional capacity building programs.
• Experience working within Uganda is strongly preferred
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should hand deliver OR send via E-mail
HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com their complete applications with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references by Friday, June 26th 2020 at 2:00p.m. addressed to:
Senior Human Resource Officer University Research Co., LLC - Centre for Human Services Plot 1 Bridge Lane,
P.O.Box 5053, Jinja,
Uganda Tel: +256 (0) 393 217 617, +256 200 300 900
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.