URC Locum Procurement Officer Jobs in Uganda
URC Locum Procurement Officer Jobs in UgandaJob purpose: The Procurement Officer will coordinate the procurement of supplies and equipment for supported health units and program activities.
S/he will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient functioning of all procurement and disposal activities of the project .
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Oversee procurement processes, including review of purchase requisitions, request for quotations, supplier selection, negotiations, purchase and delivery forms, and coordination with the stock management officer.
• Spearhead the process of supplier pre-Qualification and management.
• Management of leases, contracts and agreements for services and goods
• Ensure URC and USAID procurement policies and procedures are adhered to
• Receive orders from program staff, ensuring the follow-up of the local purchases supplied, payments, and delivery confirmation
• Procurement of printing for training materials (stationary, manuals, handouts, etc.) and stationary for workshops, and other events,
• Update and maintain the project procurement tracker
• Stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules, and regulations, compile and update applicable local policies and train URC's program and partner staff in these policies
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Excellent writing, management, and organizational skills.
• Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy.
• Proven ability to set priorities, multitask and work collaboratively as well as independently
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Required Experience and Qualifications
• A Bachelor's Degree of Procurement and Logistics Management or Bachelor of commerce, Business Administration, or any other business-related field.
• 3-5 years' practical experience in the field of Procurement and Supply management with demonstrable knowledge of USAID and Public Procurement Laws of Uganda PPDA guidelines and regulations.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should hand deliver OR send via E-mail their complete applications with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references to Friday, May 22nd, 2020 at 2: 00p.m. addressed to:
Senior Human Resource Officer
University Research Co., LLC - Centre for Human Services
Plot 1 Bridge Lane, Mpumudde Division
P.O. Box 5053, Jinja, Uganda
Tel: +256 (0) 393 217 617, +256 200 300 900
For Locum Procurement Officer, we will not wait until the Advert closes, but we will rather review applications on a rolling basis and hire someone as soon as an acceptable candidate is identified.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.