URC Finance & Grants Officer Jobs in Uganda
URC Finance & Grants Officer Jobs in UgandaJob Purpose:
• The Finance & Grants Officer will work closely with the grants and finance team to manage grants provided to health units supported by the project.
• This includes the accurate maintenance of a tracking record of grantee expenditures and advances, reviewing grantees' financial reports, building financial management capacity among grantees, ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations, and orienting grantees on sub-grant requirements.Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work collaboratively with other members of the grants management team to develop and implement grants management systems.
• Carry out the financial reviews and project audits processes of grantees to ensure compliance with donor requirements Follow up on accountabilities from sub-grantees in a timely manner to necessitate processing of additional funding.
• Work closely with the Finance team in developing plans/budgets for the financial needs of sub grantees. Work collaboratively with the other grants management team members in overseeing sub-grant functions and coordinate preparation of grant agreements, monitoring of grant periods and close out of the sub-grant awards
• Work closely with other URC USAID'S RHITES EC staff members in developing and carrying out annual work plans.
• Review liquidation reports from sub-grantees. Prepare sub-grantee reports and submitted them the Grants Manager, Finance & Admin Director and to the URC Headquarters.
• Ensure budgetary controls of grantees and provide technical assistance to recipients, as required by the program.
• Implement policies and procedures around the administration and monitoring of grants, and procedures designed to comply with donor regulations Work closely with the members of the grants management team to put in place a consistent- hard copy / electronic filing structure and system for financial information and contracts related to grants.
• Provide mentoring and training to sub-grantees/ building financial management capacity of sub-grantees.
• Work collaboratively with the Program Managers to meet program goals. Ensure proper interpretation and application of donor procedures and regulations.
• Provide support in tracking and reporting of financial performance of grants Work closely with Grants management team to establish tools to track supervision visits to partners and provide necessary updates to technical teams.
• Work closely with the Snr Finance Manager in preparing monthly financial reports
• for timely submission to home office.
• This includes but not limited to QB posting, preparing monthly bank reconciliations, cash reconciliations, staff advances reconciliations etc.
• Verify payment documentation for adequacy and completeness before posting to QB Process per diems and other travel advances for project related work.
• Together with the finance team, ensure that all costs in the project adhere to
USAID/URC regulations, and are allowable, reasonable and allocable.
• Address all monthly field report review comments from home office including providing feedback for missing vouchers and outstanding information following review of payment documentation.
• Assist Snr Finance Manager in preparation of monthly cash projections for submission to home office. Receive & prepare journals to reconcile staff advances / accountabilities before being reviewed by the Snr Finance Manager and Finance Director.
• Ensure all financial documents, journals and payment vouchers are filed in a timely manner.
• Preparation of monthly payment vouchers and accountability journals for shipment to home office as per policy.
• Other duties as assignedMinimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business Administration or business-related field is required, or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
• Membership to a professional accounting body is an added advantage.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in the grants management for CSO's and CBO's and/ or large donor-funded development programs (USAID/PEPFAR is mandatory).
• Thorough knowledge of USG rules and regulations, and specifically USAID and its financial, contractual, procurement and reporting requirements.
• Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage multiple activities with attention to detail, meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
• Excellent problem-solving capacity, with demonstrated ability for considerable analysis and sound judgment to find solutions in a complex environment with shifting and competing priorities.
• Excellent cross-cultural communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, stakeholders, clients and consultants
• Advanced Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel spreadsheets, Quick books, word processing, power point, and electronic mail).How to Apply Qualified applicants should hand deliver OR send via E-mail
HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com their complete applications with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references by Friday, June 26th 2020 at 2:00p.m. addressed to:
Senior Human Resource Officer University Research Co., LLC - Centre for Human Services Plot 1 Bridge Lane,
P.O.Box 5053, Jinja,
Uganda Tel: +256 (0) 393 217 617, +256 200 300 900
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!