UNSOS Administrative Assistant Jobs in Kenya
UNSOS Administrative Assistant Jobs in KenyaOrg. Setting and Reporting This position is located in the Mission Support Centre (MSC), Operations and Resources Management (ORM) Pillar in UNSOS, and will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. The incumbent will report to the Chief of the MSC.
Human Resources Management
• Coordinates actions with respect to transactions related to the administration of the section’s/office’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, relocation, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation of staff members,training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures.Liaises with the relevant administrative and human resources offices as required.
• Oversees the maintenance of vacancy announcement files and keeps track of status of vacancy announcements.
• Maintains records of the performance evaluation status of the section/office. Assists in formulating responses related to rebuttal cases.
• Advises staff on visa matters and other relevant rules and regulations; coordinates the induction and orientation of new staff members in the section/office.
• Provides advice and answers queries on classification procedures and processes.
• Provides information and advices to staff/consultants with respect to conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, privileges and entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations.
• Monitors section’s/office’s staffing tables for a variety of human resource activities, e.g., appointments, retirements, expiration of appointments, reassignments, transfers and movement of staff.
Budget and Finance
• Provides expert assistance and coordination in the preparation and development of the section’s/office’s work plan and budget.
• Assists in monitoring budget/work plan with respect to various budgets, on a regular basis, suggests reallocations of resources and implement the reallocations as necessary.
• Collects data from relevant databases and prepare customized financial reports when required.
• Reviews, analyzes and assists in the finalization of the cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements for the section/office, including programmatic aspects:
• Assists managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
• Monitors budget implementation/expenditures and recommend reallocation of funds as necessary.
• Reviews and verifies the availability of funds for all requisitions ensuring that the correct object of expenditure has been charged. Ensures that the allotments and exchange rates within the relevant systems are updated on a regular basis.
• Monitors extra-budgetary resources, including review of agreements and cost plans, ensuring compliance with regulations and rules and established policies and procedures.
• Assists in the preparation of the year end budget performance report submissions.
• Assists in finalization of budget performance reports, analyzing variances between approved budgets and the actual expenditures.
• Coordinates the provision of guidance, training and daily supervision to other staff in the area of responsibility.
• Provides assistance in drafting of host country agreements, budget agreements, and contributions for grants or other activities as appropriate.
• Identifies and resolves diverse issues and problems as they arise, determining the appropriate actions.
• Coordinates extensively with service units and liaises frequently with internal team members both at Headquarters and in the field mission.
• Performs other related administrative duties, as required (e.g., operational travel program, monitoring accounts and payments to vendors and individual contractors for services, physical space planning and the identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems, organizes and coordinates seminars, conferences and translations)
Knowledge of and application of relevant operational, administrative and protocol policies to ensure adherence to relevant administrative guidelines and procedures.
Proven tact and discretion in dealing with highly confidential and sensitive matters, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view
Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect
Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions
Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems
Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects
Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client
Planning and organizing:
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies.
Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required.
Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work.
Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning.
Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
High school or equivalent diploma is required. Technical or vocational certificate in administrative services, finance, human resources, business administration or personnel management is required.
At least eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience within the United Nations system or the private sector in the field of administration, finance, accounting, human resources, audit, or in other related fields is required.
Experience in international operations in a post-conflict environment is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position advertised, fluency in English is required;
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNSOS Administrative Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.