UNON Senior Coordination Officer Jobs in Kenya
UNON Senior Coordination Officer Jobs in KenyaOrg. Setting and Reporting Business Operations are integral to effective delivery of United Nations development programmes. Business operations strengthen the link between UN programming operations and efforts to enhance programme delivery.
The Quadrennial Comprehensive Policy Review (QCPR) and the subsequent Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) resolution on Operational Activities of the United Nations for international development cooperation call for simplification and harmonization of the United Nation system.
The UN resolution "urges United Nations system organization to identify and accelerate the implementation of those business processes that promise the highest return from simplification and harmonization" and "encourages United Nations system organizations within their existing planning, budget and evaluation systems to report on their cost savings resulting from improvement of their business operations".
• Support the operationalization of the UN Secretariat’s business strategy reform agenda at global, regional and country level, with particular attention to issues related to Secretariat engagement in the UNSDG BIG initiatives (BOS, CBO and Common Premises etc.).
• Facilitate engagement of UN Secretariat entities to support Business operations strategy (BOS), Common Back offices (CBO), Common Premises, including advising on the development system reforms and its implementation.
• Provide advice on the regional operationalization reform agenda as needed.
• Develop and implement guidance based on lessons learned and best practices to UN Secretariat offices, in particular to DOS and DMSPC to further guide UN Secretariat offices globally on BOS, CBO, CP and global shared service centers.
• Provide direct inputs to the development and implementation of Business operations strategy (BOS), Common Back offices (CBO) and Common Premises activities in the Nairobi duty-station.
• Share experiences and best practices, support the work of the Nairobi BOS/ CBO working groups, draft terms of reference, monitor and guide local and regional BOS an CBO streams
• Provide high level policy and programme planning advice to Development Coordination Office (DCO) on the advancement of business operations for the development system through: integration of back offices, optimization of UN presence on the ground through common services and other means, quantifying client satisfaction levels, scaling up the BOS and increasing the proportion of common premises.
• Serve as functional lead for the Common Back Office in the DCO/CBS team for the design and roll-out of the Common Back Office workstream, including representation on the BIG Task Team on Common Back office.
• Build capacity to develop the UN System to the United Nations Country Teams (UNCT) through guidance, webinars, and trainings on Common back office implementation; ensure alignment and full compliance with UNSDG guidelines at the field level.
• Enable knowledge sharing on business innovations amongst UNDCO regional desks and UNCTs.
• Coordinate activities related to budget and funding for Business Operations initiatives and ensures preparation of related documents/reports (work programme, programme budget, etc.) in support of the CBS annual work planning and budgetary processes.
• Provide substantive input in the preparation of position papers and reports for presentation to intergovernmental bodies such as the Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions, Committee for Programme Coordination, Economic and Social Council, the General Assembly and other policy-making organs, as appropriate.
• Represent the Organization at inter-agency meetings, seminars, etc. on issues relevant to DCO/CBS and the Secretariat entities.
• Lead field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries, etc.
• Organize and prepares written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
• Keep abreast of latest emerging trends and innovative approaches harmonization of business strategies.
• Perform other related duties, as required.
PROFESSIONALISM Mastery of all aspects of human resource management. In-depth knowledge of United Nations staff regulations and rules, human resource policies and guidelines, and ability to apply them in work situations. Proven conceptual, analytical and communications skills. Ability to identify key strategic issues, opportunities and risks. Proven efficiency to meet commitments, observe deadlines and achieve results. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
CLIENT ORIENTATION Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients" and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
COMMUNICATION Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
LEADERSHIP Serves as a role model that other people want to follow: Empowers others to translate vision into results; Is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; Establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; Anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions; Drives for change and improvements; does not accept the status quo; Shows the courage to take unpopular stands. Provides leadership and takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work; Demonstrates knowledge of strategies and commitment to the goal of gender balance in staffing.
VISION Identifies strategic issues, opportunities and risks; clearly communicates links between the Organization's strategy and the work unit's goals; generates and communicates broad and compelling organizational direction, inspiring others to pursue that same direction; conveys enthusiasm about future possibilities.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration or related area is required.
A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in designing, implementing and/or managing the provision of operational support to development cooperation at the country, regional or global levels is required.
Experience with development and delivering of Training of Trainers workshops in support of change management processes is desirable.
Experience in the United Nations system or a comparable international organization is desirable.
Experience with harmonization and management of inter-agency business processes, including common services and common premises, is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
For the post advertised, fluency in English is required.
Knowledge of French is desirable.
Knowledge of another official UN language is an advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNON Senior Coordination Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.