UNON Payroll Assistant Jobs in Kenya
UNON Payroll Assistant Jobs in KenyaOrg. Setting and Reporting The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the United Nations headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General. We support programme implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) globally, as well as other United Nations offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org) This position is located in the United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON), Human Resources Management Service (HRMS), Staff Pay and Benefits Section (SPnB).
Under the direct supervision of the Unit Chief, the incumbent will perform the following:
• Scrutinizes source documents for completeness, accuracy and validity of entitlements;
• Investigates erroneous entitlements and takes appropriate corrective accounting actions.
• Communicates with client offices regarding missing documentation or any other issues related to discrepancies between their entitlements and claims.
• Reconciles and reviews suspense accounts and ensure proper clearance procedures have been followed.
• Consolidates data into financial statements.
• Assists with the monitoring of expenditures to ensures they remain within authorized levels.
• Prepares worksheets and assists with the preparation of financial statements.
• Audits various accounting transactions, e.g., payroll, education grants,final payments, income tax returns, travel claims, etc., to ensure correctness of disbursements and adherence to relevant staff rules, financial regulations and rules, ST/AI issuances or practices.
• Provides guidance and training to colleagues as required.
• Supervises other General Service staff as required.
• Drafts/prepares memoranda and/or cables to various offices, departments and client offices.
• Responds to queries from staff members and third parties.
• Provides information to individual participants and pensioners/beneficiaries as well as administrative staff of the member organizations of the Pension Fund on participation, entitlements and benefits.
• Routes relevant requests to appropriate parties within the Fund's secretariat.
• Undertakes necessary research in order to provide accurate information; ensures responses to queries conform to the provisions and rules and regulations of the Pension Fund and the Pension Adjustment System.
• Assists in the determination of eligibility, enroll new entrants and activities related to separation cases.
• Prepares separation notification forms and submits to pension fund with supporting documentation.
• Performs other duties as may be required.
• Professionalism: Ability to apply knowledge of various United Nations administrative and human resources rules and regulations in work situations. Ability to perform a broad range of administrative/personnel actions, entitlements and benefits. Ability to identify issues, apply good judgement and formulate opinions/recommendation and conclusion. Demonstrates use
of initiative and makes appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipates next steps. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
• Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients" and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Additional training in finance, administration, project management is desired. Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Applicants who have not passed the GGST at the time of application may be invited for the test after submitting an application.
A minimum of seven years of experience in finance, budget or related area is required.
Working experience with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and finance system such as Oracle or SAP and experience with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) is desirable.
Experience in Excel, Access and other analytical tools is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in written and oral English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNON Payroll Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.