UNON Associate Staff Counsellor Jobs in Kenya
UNON Associate Staff Counsellor Jobs in KenyaOrg. Setting and Reporting The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General.
We support programme implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UN Human Settlements Programme (UNHABITAT) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by Providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org).
This position is located at United Nations Office at Nairobi in the Joint Medical Services(JMS).
The incumbent reports to the Staff Counsellor, UNON JMS. Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Conduct Skype or Telephone Psychosocial needs assessments of Corona Virus Disease (COVID -19) affected staff members, and if required process reports of the same
• Provide Psychological First Aid (PFA) to those newly diagnosed with COVID-19
• Provide skype, online or telephone psychological counseling support to staff members and dependents affected by COVID- 19
• Provide bereavement and grief supportive counseling
• Offer psychosocial support to hospitalized staff members or their dependents
• Provide COVID -19 psycho-education to staff members in a walk in /walkout basis
• Provide Missions’ preparedness and post-missions’ psychosocial debriefing to staff members staff members deploying and returning from COVID -19 zones
• To support the JMS team of doctors and nurses in managing workplace crises related to COVID -19
• Prepare COVID -19 specific Psychosocial information and training materials as guided by the UN staff counsellor, and provide awareness training on emerging mental health issues of both national and international concerns
• Participate in JMS in-house training and offer technical contributions to mental health related discussion
• Participate in JMS- COVID –19 awareness campaigns and respond appropriately if called upon to respond
• Conduct online psychosocial needs assessments, mental health status assessments and process reports of the same and plan workplace interventions
• Prioritize plans of actions for staff members assessed, initiate psychosocial response and initiate follow up activities
• Keep statistics and provide analytic reports periodically for management review and guidance.
• PROFESSIONALISM Demonstrated knowledge and hands on experience in clinical psychology; Shows pride in work and in achievements; Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; Remains calm in stressful situations.
• COMMUNICATION Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• CREATIVITY Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks “outside the box”; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
An advanced degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in counseling or clinical psychology or psychiatry is required.
Training in trauma counseling required.
Certification in any of these areas will be an added advantage: Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, or Crisis Intervention or Psychological First Aid
A minimum of two years experience in either clinical or counseling psychology is required
Proven experience in trauma counseling and crisis intervention is required
Experience in providing online psychosocial support via teleconferencing modalities such as skype, zoom, google hangout or telephone is required
Proven experience of working in a challenging multicultural setting is required
Previous experience of networking with Counselors, Medical and Human Resources professionals is desirable
Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
Working knowledge of a second UN official languages is an asset.
For this position, fluency in Kiswahili is also required.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNON Associate Staff Counsellor Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.