UNODC Programme Assistant Jobs in Kenya
UNODC Programme Assistant Jobs in KenyaOrg. Setting and Reporting This position is located in the Global Maritime Crime Programme (GMCP), Regional Office for Eastern Africa (ROEA), in Nairobi, Kenya, United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime UNODC (UNODC).
The Programme Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer for the Gulf of Aden and Red Sea (GARS) and in close cooperation with the Management and Analysis team of the GMCP.
Within assigned authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following specific duties:
• Serve as focal point for providing assistance in support of administrative coordination of programme/project implementation activities, involving the monitoring and evaluation of programmes/projects. Categorize, update, track and analyse data related to programmes/projects, e.g. accounting records, outputs, resources utilized, deviations/revisions, etc.. Carry out periodic status reviews, identify issues and initiate requisite follow-up actions. Assist in the preparation of revised budget estimates, report on budget revisions, expenditures and obligations, verify availability of funds. Ensure necessary approval and entry in computerized budget system. Initiate financial authorizations for expenditures.
• Research, compile, analyse, summarize, and present basic information/data on specific programmes/project and related topics.
• Collaborate with programme/project managers on performance reporting; liaise with relevant parties on the interpretation of the activities/services and various planning instruments such as the medium-term plan and internal work plans; provide assistance on reporting requirements, guidelines, rules and procedures and ensures completeness and accuracy of data submitted.
• Draft programme/project summaries, coordinate review and clearance process, and coordinate with editor, translation services, etc. on finalization and publication of report multiple languages.
• Serve as focal point for providing assistance in programme/project implementation activities, collaborate and liaise with diverse organisational units to initiate requests, prepare standard terms of reference against programme/project objectives, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions and resolve issues related to project implementation, e.g. recruitment and appointment of personnel, travel arrangements, organisation of and participation in trainings, authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, etc.
• Prepare, maintain and update files (electronic and paper) and internal databases; design and generate a variety of periodic and ad hoc reports, statistical tables, graphic content, and other background materials/notes to facilitate inspection and other reviews.
• Draft correspondence and communications related to all aspects of programme/project administration, including work plan and budgets, revisions and other related issues, as well as prepare unit contributions for a variety of periodic reports.
• Provide guidance and training to new/junior staff.
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned
• Professionalism Has knowledge of internal policies, processes and procedures generally and in particular those related to programme/project administration, implementation and evaluation, programming and budgeting. Has ability to work well with figures, undertake basic research and gather information from standard sources. Has demonstrated ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given. Shows pride in work and in achievements; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Planning and Organizing Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed
strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required;
allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
• Teamwork Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
High school diploma or equivalent.
A minimum of seven years of experience in programme or project administration, technical cooperation or related area is required.
Experience in working on technical cooperation projects is desirable.
Experience in running and completing procurements is desirable.
Experience in SAP/Umoja is highly desirable.
Experience in grants, project and fund management related modules in SAP/Umoja is highly desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
For the post advertised, fluency in English is required.
Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNODC Programme Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.