UNODC Finance Assistant (Programme Management) Jobs in Kenya
UNODC Finance Assistant (Programme Management) Jobs in KenyaOrganisational Setting and Reporting The post is located in the UNODC Regional Office for Eastern Africa (ROEA). The incumbent will work under the overall guidance of the Regional Representative of ROEA and the direct supervision of the Regional Coordinator for the Wildlife and Forest Crime Programme (WLFC) and the Container Control Programme (CCP) based in ROEA. The incumbent will work also in close cooperation with the Finance Officer and the ROEA Finance Assistant as well as staff of the Global Programmes.
For more information on UNODC, please visit the website: www.unodc.org .
Within assigned authority, the Finance Assistant (Programme Management) will be responsible for the following duties: Budget:
• Provide support with respect to the review, analyses and preparation of the projects budgets, workplan, budget submissions for the Wildlife and Forest Crime Programme (WLFC) in the region and support headquarters submissions.
• Prepare supporting documents (narrative and supporting tables) with respect to finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements.
• Track, monitor and verify expenditures and compare with approved budget; prepare adjustments as necessary.
• Ensure timely review and budget releases for the WLFC Programme, as well as the monitoring of available funds in the system.
• Review requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged, and (b) availability of funds.
• Assist in the preparation of budget performance submissions and finalization of budget performance reports, analyzing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures and the reconciliation of expenditures.
• Co-ordinate with all project staff on related issues during the preparation of expenditure reports.
• Develop budgets for project proposals.
• Ensure timely monitoring and completion of related reporting obligations, payments for the ongoing implementation.
• Collect and verify reports from UNODC implementing partners, including financial reports and make the proposals for the subsequent funds disbursements in line with the donor requirements.
• Review, analyse and process payments to third-parties, commercial entities and individuals.
• Prepare and submit relevant requests for delivery and payment of contractual and procurement services and ensure tracking and monitoring of all relevant expenditures.
• Ensure that the asset register is accurate and up-to-date.
• Review the asset register and make necessary adjustments as required.
• Carry out annual asset verification.
• Keep up-to-date on documents/reports/guidelines that have a bearing on matters related to the WLFC Programme. Provide assistance to senior managers in ensuring compliance with intergovernmental recommendations and decisions as well as with United Nations policies and procedures.
• Assist in drafting or preparing correspondence to respond to enquiries in respect to relevant financial and budget matters.
• Maintain and keep files up-to-date.
• Perform other work-related duties, as assigned.
• Professionalism: Has knowledge of and ability to apply financial rules, regulations and procedures in the UN environment. Has knowledge, skills and ability to extract, interpret, analyze and format data across the full range of finance and budget functions, including programme development and database management, claims and treasury operations. Is able to identify and resolve data discrepancies and operational problems. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
• Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
• Team Work: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' Ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• A minimum of seven years of experience in finance, budget, accounting, and administrative services in programme management or related areas is required.
• Working experience with an ERP system is required.
• Experience in working with SAP/Umoja is desirable.
• Work experience in an international organization or within the United Nations system is desirable.
• Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an asset.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNODC Finance Assistant (Programme Management) Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.