UNMISS Logistics Officer Jobs in South Sudan
UNMISS Logistics Officer Jobs in South SudanOrg. Setting and Reporting This position is located in Juba, Republic of South Sudan (UNMISS).
The incumbent serves as the focal point for the coordination of logistics requirements and technical support for an effective management of weapons and ammunition framework at the Mission level.
The incumbent will report to Chief Mission Support Center.
The focus of this job is in principle to advise the senior mission leadership on the technical and logistical support on matters related to weapons, ammunition and explosives as per UN policy on Weapons and Ammunition Management.
Within delegated authority, the Logistics Officer, will be responsible for the following duties:
• Exercises managerial and supervisory control over all logistics support required by the mission.
• Develops, prepares, coordinates and monitors overall logistic support plans including logistics forecasting, supply schedules, priorities or requirements, and resolution of urgent operational needs.
• Monitors and coordinates all multifunctional logistic requirements at the operational and tactical levels.
• Assists Chief MSC in the development of policy and procedures for logistics support.
• Provide technical assistance and advice to Mission leadership on handling, safety, storage and maintenance standards of weapons and ammunition.
• Manage and coordinate as required activities related to the UN weapon and ammunition management framework and policies, including providing support to the Weapons and Ammunitions Advisory Board (WAAB) Secretariat.
• Serve as a focal point for WAAB between the Mission and the UN Headquarters, in coordinating technical assessment, strategic assessment and other missions as may be necessary.
• Briefs Chief MSC on a daily basis on the ongoing operation/requests and field situation.
• Ensures that logistics requirements take account of gender-specific needs.Advises senior management on logistics management, structures and staffing levels to ensure that they are at all times adequate to meet the requirements of the logistics strategy.
• Leads logistics reconnaissance missions to various locations in the field in order to monitor the logistics support improvement.
• Carry out logistics support coordination with MSD Sections to establish Mission’s priorities and resources allocation within the framework of the overall Mission Support Plan and guidance from mission senior management. Organizes and chairs logistics operations meetings.
• Develops a training program for logistics staff in coordination with the military component and the various administration sections.
• Manages civilian and military CLOU staff throughout the mission area. Evaluates staff performance, interviews/evaluates candidates for job openings.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Effectively manages and coordinates complex logistics support operations in a field mission.
Sets and achieves logistics policy goals and objectives.
Provides sound advice on a wide range of complex issues and problems.
Establishes effective collaboration and partnerships with officials at all levels inside and outside the organization.
Effectively guides and supports staff in meeting their objectives and outputs.
Effectively develops staff under his/her supervision, including their on-going learning and development.
Knowledge of supply chain operations, more specifically operational logistics and practices. Ability to develop logistics plans, policies, procedures and new programmes. Ability to provide technical and procedural advice in a broad range of logistics areas. Ability to develop, maintain and supervise accountability systems for materials, services and contracts management. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Planning & Organizing
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; Uses time efficiently
Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in logistics, business administration, public administration, engineering, or other relevant field.
A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Minimum of seven years of progressively responsible professional experience planning, coordinating and managing logistics operations in the field which includes at least one year’s field experience with a UN mission is required.
Proven experience of managing complex projects in a conflict/ post conflict setting is required. .
Proven experience in management, storage and handling of ammunition as a military or police Ammunition Technical Officer is desirable.
Proven staff experience in drafting policy and preparing strategic briefs for senior management is desirable.
English in one of the working languages of the United Nations Missions.
For the position advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNMISS Logistics Officer Jobs in South Sudan
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.