University Research Co 24 Clinician Jobs in Uganda
University Research Co 24 Clinician Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsUniversity Research Co., LLC (URC), a US-based public health organization working in Uganda since 2005, is implementing the USAID’s Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in East Central Uganda Activity (USAID’s RHITES EC).
The RHITES EC project started in October 2016 and runs till September 2021. The RHITES EC project supports 12 districts in East-Central Uganda to periodically review their performance data, plan, implement and monitor progress on key indicators in HIV/TB prevention and treatment, Malaria, Nutrition and RNMCAH.
The Clinicians will work with and support respective health facility teams to enroll all newly identified HIV positive clients in care and on ART, and to provide high quality HIV Care and treatment services along the care continuum as per the revised national guidelines for HIV prevention, care and treatment through ongoing patient clinical assessments and management, data reviews and reporting, and applying quality improvement approaches to close existing service quality gaps.
The job holder will
• Participate in day-to-day running of the HIV/AIDS clinics at supported health facilities including daily enrollment of all newly identified HIV positive clients
• Work with other health facility staff and project seconded volunteers to strengthen targeted HIV eligibility screening at all facility entry points and testing all those eligible for the HIV test.
• Daily review of all HTS services data tools both at facility and from outreaches to track all new HIV positive clients in collaboration with community linkages structures and ensure their enrollment into care and on ART to completion.
• Work with the facility, district and project M&E teams to ensure up-to-date data collection and reporting mechanisms are responsive to the needs of the district, project, MoH and other stakeholders.
• Ensure the project’s, facility’s and district’s HIV/AIDS support for activities is well-coordinated and demonstrate results towards set targets.
• In collaboration with supported facility, district and cluster staff monitor and support attainment of HIV Care enrolment, Care & Treatment Performance targets as per the national guidelines.
• Work with other facility, district and project staff to plan and implement quality improvement activities to improve HIV testing outputs, enrollment into care and on ART, clinical and laboratory services monitoring aimed at improved delivery of high-quality HIV continuum of services.
• Support facilities in forecasting, quantifying and requisitioning adequate commodities to support the HIV care and treatment continuum including ARVs, HIV test kits, viral load kits and opportunistic infections (O. Is) management medicines.
Qualifications, Experience and desired attributes
• A Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Nursing with clinical services delivery improvement
• Additional training in HIV/AIDS clinical management
• Knowledge in HIV/AIDS clinical management, including the current national guidelines for HIV prevention, care and treatment
• At least 2 years’ experience in managing HIV/AIDS services in clinical settings
• Willingness to work in rural settings.
• Excellent Counselling, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer/ICT Skills.
• Ability to communicate in the language dialects used in East Central region (Lusoga, Lugweri, Swahili, Samia, Luganda).
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should hand deliver OR send via E-mail HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com their complete applications with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references by Thursday, May 14th 2020 at 5:00pm addressed to:
Senior Human Resource Officer
University Research Co., LLC – Centre for Human Services
Plot 1 Bridge Lane, Mpumudde Division
P.O. Box 5053, Jinja, Uganda
Tel: +256 (0) 393 217 617, +256 200 300 900
While we thank all applicants for showing interest, only qualified internal applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.