University of Maryland Request for Proposal (RFP) for the Development of Selected Policies and Procedures Jobs in Kenya
University of Maryland Request for Proposal (RFP) for the Development of Selected Policies and Procedures Jobs in KenyaJob Details Driven by the pursuit of excellence, the University of Maryland has enjoyed a remarkable rise in accomplishment and reputation over the past two decades.
By any measure, Maryland is now one of the nation's preeminent public research universities and on a path to become one of the world's best.
To fulfill this promise, we must capitalize on our momentum, fully exploit our competitive advantages, and pursue ambitious goals with great discipline and entrepreneurial spirit.
This promise is within reach.
We encourage you to share your comments and ideas.
We value and respect diverse viewpoints and welcome productive dialogue within our Terp community.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is a local non-governmental organization that partners with the University of Maryland, Baltimore, whose mission is to improve the human condition globally, safeguard communities against health-related threats, and promote health equity worldwide.
CIHEB-Kenya, with funding from Presidential Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and National Institute of Health, collaborates with the Ministry of Health in Kenya, Kenya Medical Research Institutes (KEMRI) and Nairobi, Kisii and Migori county governments to strengthen health systems including, laboratory systems, commodity management, health information systems and human resources for the provision of quality HIV and TB services.
This Request for Proposal represents the requirements for an open and competitive process. All costs must be itemized to include an explanation of all fees and costs. Proposals will be accepted until 5 p.m. on 29th June 2020.
Contract terms and conditions will be negotiated upon selection of the winning bidder of this RFP. All contractual terms and conditions will be subject to review by CIHEB Kenya and will include scope, budget, schedule, and other elements relating to the assignment. CIHEB Kenya is not bound to accept the lowest bidder .
Terms of Reference
CIHEB Kenya is seeking the services of an experienced Consultant to undertake the development of several policies, including but not limited to the following areas:
Human Resource Management
• Code of Conduct
• Job Description
• HR Policies
• Compensation and Benefits
• Performance Management
• Operational Policies and Procedures
• Travel policies and Procedures
• Procurement Policies
• Asset Management
• Information Systems
• Financial Policies and Procedures
• Finance Management Systems
• Internal Controls
• Financial Documentation
• Program Implementation Planning
• Budget Planning and Monitoring
• Sub-grant Management
• Performance Monitoring
• Donor Compliance
• Technical Reporting
The expected deliverables of this exercise are as follows:
• To deliver an inception report that shall reflect clear comprehension of the tasks, the methods of execution and work plan to ensure the outcome is in line with CIHEB Kenya’s expectations.
• To submit draft, Policies and Procedures manual that shall incorporate the proposed and agreed items in line with international best practice and in context of all the CIHEB Kenya’s processes and operations.
• To submit the final Policies and Procedures manual, support the implementation program, train and sensitize all staff members of the organization.
Expected Competencies and Experiece
The selected Consultant will be responsible for the overall planning and implementation of the review, the production and presentation of the final report and timely presentation of all deliverables.
The Consultant’s profile should meet the following requirements:
• A Masters’ degree in Human Resources Management and Development, Law, Business Administration or related discipline;
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in developing institutional policies and guidelines
• Excellent working knowledge of Institutional and NGOs Policies and Procedures;
• Proven record of accomplishment and experience of similar assignments with startups.
Contents of the Proposal
The proposal should include, but is not limited to the following:
• An understanding of CIHEB Kenya’ s requirements as listed in 3 and 4 above;
• Methodology and work plan for performing the assignment;
• Project delivery plans, including a Gantt chart;
• Detailed reference list indicating the scope and magnitude of similar assignments;
• Relevant services undertaken in the past three (3) years;
• Team composition and task assignment including resumes of team members. There should be no change in the team during the assignment unless with prior agreement.
• Detailed Financial Proposal
The contract will be for a period of six months.
The contract starting date will be July 13, 2020 unless another date is determined by the Organization to be more practical.
This contract may be extended by mutual agreement in favor of the Organization to renew the appointment automatically on the same terms and conditions.
The quotation will be rated according to the following technical criteria:
Technical Criteria (70%)
• Experience and Competence
• Subject matter expert.
• Relevant referees
Financial Criteria weight: 30%
Pre-Award Interviews: When the CEO has reviewed and rated the proposals, an interview will be requested for candidates to go into greater detail and/or for clarifications as outlined in the RFP.Award Recommendation: When the CEO has reached a decision on which Consultant/ firm to recommend for Contract Award, she may schedule an additional conference to complete negotiations prior to presentation of the recommendation to the Organization’s management
How to Apply
Use the emails(s) below to apply: Request for Proposal (RFP) for the Development of Selected Policies and Procedures -
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV attached as one document including names of three professional referees to
MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu on or before 23 June, 2020. Applicants are advised to include the position title as the subject.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. MGIC - Kenya is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.*
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.