University of Maryland Pharmaceutical Technologist Jobs in Kenya
University of Maryland Pharmaceutical Technologist Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsDriven by the pursuit of excellence, the University of Maryland has enjoyed a remarkable rise in accomplishment and reputation over the past two decades.
By any measure, Maryland is now one of the nation's preeminent public research universities and on a path to become one of the world's best.
To fulfill this promise, we must capitalize on our momentum, fully exploit our competitive advantages, and pursue ambitious goals with great discipline and entrepreneurial spirit.
This promise is within reach.
We encourage you to share your comments and ideas.
We value and respect diverse viewpoints and welcome productive dialogue within our Terp community.
Reporting to the Facility in-charge, the pharmaceutical technologist will manage the pharmacy, and coordinate all activities of stock and inventory management pertaining to HIV and TB drugs for the site
Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensure good store keeping for pharmacy drugs, prepare and manage pharmacy inventory
• Dispense ARVs and OI drugs to patients in the ART program
• Participate in counseling of patients taking ARVs in order to promote adherence with prescribed regimen
• Ensure ADT tool is in use and well maintained (in-charge of the pharmacy computer)
• Promote pharmacovigilance activities at the facility, analyze reports as well as forward the reports to PPB/UMB
• Give the ART clinical team updates on the availability of drugs and pharmacovigilance reports and participate in facility CQI and MDT
• Develop, review and regularly update the standard operating procedures manual for administration and distribution of ARVs
• Member of the health facility drugs and therapeutics committee (TDC). Secretary of the Medicine and Therapeutic Committee (MTC) and keeper of the MTC minutes)
• Be part of the clinical eligibility committee to set and periodically evaluate annual department goals
• Prepare site monthly pharmacy reports
• Diploma in Pharmacy
• Certified by the Kenya Pharmacy and Poisons Board
• 1-3 years’ work experience in a busy CCC
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualifications, are requested to send their cover letter and resume to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu indicating the position being applied for on the subject line of the email by 26th March 2020.
Applicants are advised to include the position title “PACT ENDELEZA POSITIONS” as the subject.
Applicants should also indicate their current and expected remuneration for the position.
The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.