University of Maryland Laboratory Technologist Jobs in Kenya
University of Maryland Laboratory Technologist Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsDriven by the pursuit of excellence, the University of Maryland has enjoyed a remarkable rise in accomplishment and reputation over the past two decades.
By any measure, Maryland is now one of the nation's preeminent public research universities and on a path to become one of the world's best.
To fulfill this promise, we must capitalize on our momentum, fully exploit our competitive advantages, and pursue ambitious goals with great discipline and entrepreneurial spirit. This promise is within reach.
We encourage you to share your comments and ideas.
We value and respect diverse viewpoints and welcome productive dialogue within our Terp community.
Under the general supervision of the facility in-charge, the Site Laboratory Technologist will perform routine clinical laboratory tests per prescribed procedures and acceptable practice pertaining to HIV/AIDS management, and general laboratory procedures.
• Manage laboratory equipment in serviceable condition at all times. Keep proper inventory and ensure good stock management for laboratory reagents.
• Prepare the laboratory equipment and specimen for tests as necessary
• Ensure quality controls are done for respective procedures, and results properly documented.
• Collect patients specimen for laboratory tests and analysis in the prescribed manner, with proper documentation, and ensuring safe handling and disposal of such specimen.
• Analyze and record test results accurately and timely in order to issue reports for use by the physician/clinician.
• Maintain an accurate database of tests carried out and generate reports on the same.
• Develop, review and regularly update the standard operating procedures manual for administration of laboratory tests
• Support waste management in the facility, through regular check on segregation of wastes generated at various service delivery points.
• Perform any reasonable work related duties as may be assigned from time to time at the facility.
• Provide appropriate education to patients (where necessary) on laboratory investigations.
• Spearheads laboratory quality improvement through Implementation of laboratory quality improvement projects.
• Prepare site monthly Laboratory reports.
• Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science Technology
• Higher National Diploma/Bachelors in Medical Laboratory Science Technology an added advantage
• Registration with Medical Laboratory Technologist and Technicians Board
• Current Membership/Practicing License from the KMLTTB
• At least 3 years’ relevant experience
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualifications, are requested to send their cover letter and resume to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu indicating the position being applied for on the subject line of the email by 26th March 2020.
Applicants are advised to include the position title “PACT ENDELEZA POSITIONS” as the subject.
Applicants should also indicate their current and expected remuneration for the position.
The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.