University of Maryland HTS Counsellor Jobs in Kenya
University of Maryland HTS Counsellor Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsDriven by the pursuit of excellence, the University of Maryland has enjoyed a remarkable rise in accomplishment and reputation over the past two decades.
By any measure, Maryland is now one of the nation's preeminent public research universities and on a path to become one of the world's best.
To fulfill this promise, we must capitalize on our momentum, fully exploit our competitive advantages, and pursue ambitious goals with great discipline and entrepreneurial spirit.
This promise is within reach.
We encourage you to share your comments and ideas.
We value and respect diverse viewpoints and welcome productive dialogue within our Terp community.
Reporting to the facility in-charge, the HTS provider provides HIV Counselling and testing services to all individuals at facility and community level and support successful linkage of HIV-infected individuals in HIV care services .
Roles and Responsibilities
• Provide HIV counseling and testing services as per Kenya HTS national guidelines
• Provide assisted partner notification services for all index clients
• Provide health education to clients as a strategy to increase demand for HIV testing services
• Optimize testing for all eligible clients at facility level and ensure testing efficiency
• Provide counseling services addressing HIV prevention including risk reduction interventions and behavior change, use of ART for HIV prevention etc.
• Conduct risk screening for HTS clients and provide prevention services for the HIV negative clients including PrEP and distribute condoms and lubricant at facility and community
• Ensure confirmed linkage (target of 95%) of HIV positive clients.
• Conduct defaulter tracing of pre-enrollment clients not linked to care in supported facilities
• Assess and document all referrals, make follow-up and report on referral outcomes
• Compile and submit monthly HTS reports
• Initiate and conduct posttest clubs and support groups
• Participate in the site HTS QA/QC processes i.e. Proficiency testing, direct observed practice sessions, support supervision.
• Conduct CQI activities to improve gaps identified based on data.
• Certificate in HTC Counselling (NASCOP Certified)
• Training in Assisted Partner Notification Services (aPNS)
• Diploma in Counselling Psychology
• Two years’ experience in HIV counseling and testing
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualifications, are requested to send their cover letter and resume to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu indicating the position being applied for on the subject line of the email by 26th March 2020.
Applicants are advised to include the position title “PACT ENDELEZA POSITIONS” as the subject.
Applicants should also indicate their current and expected remuneration for the position.
The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.