University of Ghana Institutional Assessment Officer Jobs in Ghana
University of Ghana Institutional Assessment Officer Jobs
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director, the mandate assigned to the Institutional Assessment Officer is to head the Institutional Assessment Unit and lead a team to contribute to assessment and evaluation projects which support effective planning and strategic management at the University of Ghana.
1. Work with academic programmes, in a variety of delivery formats, to develop assessment plans, implementation, and assessment tools, including rubrics, assessment, exit interviews, etc.
2. Undertake assessment processes for academic programmes to improve student learning.
3. Work closely with non-instructional programmes to develop, maintain and conduct effective outcomes assessment activities.
4. Assist faculty with design of outcomes-based instructional materials.
5. Provide feedback, guidance and writing assistance as needed, on assessment plans and reports.
6. Develop and maintain a comprehensive database of academic programme reviews, annual assessment reports, and other accreditation-related materials.
7. Develop programme quality improvement measures with relevant groups and implement across all units.
8. Provide institutional data and findings from research and assessment to support institutional planning processes.
9. Undertake the implementation of outcomes-based programmatic and student
learning assessment across all degree-programmes.
10. Monitor, evaluate and assess programme and institutional effectiveness.
11. Provide institutional data and assessment findings for external reporting.
12. Promote and sustain a participative and transformative assessment culture.
13. Monitor the implementation of the University Strategic Plan.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of Institutional Research and Planning.
1. Candidate must possess a relevant Bachelor’s & Masters Degree or an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant discipline with experience in institutional research and research methods.
2. A minimum of six (6) years of experience in higher education management.
3. Previous experience or training in assessment and evaluation methods.
4. A broad knowledge of assessment and programme evaluation processes.
5. Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and implementing assessment methods, strategic planning, student learning assessment, academic development, and curriculum review.
6. Experience in outcomes assessment in higher education.
7. Excellent verbal and written communications skills, strong organisational and interpersonal skills and skills in use of database and statistical analysis software.
For More Information and Job Application Details, See;University of Ghana Institutional Assessment Officer Jobs in Ghana
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.