United Nations Office at Nairobi Team Assistant Jobs in Kenya
United Nations Office at Nairobi Team Assistant Jobs in KenyaOrganisational Setting and Reporting The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the United Nations headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General. We support programme implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) globally, as well as other United Nations offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org) This position is located in the United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON), Human Resources Management Service (HRMS), Staff Pay and Benefit, Nairobi Duty station. Under the overall guidance of the Deputy Chief, Human Resources Management Service (HRMS) and the direct supervision of the Front Office Manager, HRMS, the incumbent will provide a wide range of administrative support to the HRMS team and specifically support the HRMS Front Office functions performing the following duties: .
• Researches, compiles and organizes information and reference materials from various sources for reports, work plans, studies, briefings. Upon request, generates reports, work orders, service requests (SRs), etc., using Unite iNeed system. Screens phone calls and visitors; responds to moderately complex information requests and inquiries, creates iNeed SRs as appropriate and assigns inquiries to appropriate HRMS personnel for further processing.
• Prepares and issues certified pay slips for staff upon request, coordinates UNFCU external payment requests and Letters of Attestation. Assists in providing software and office equipment support. Provides guidance to less experienced staff on office processes and procedures, computer applications such as iNeed system and Umoja Employee Self-Service actions.
• Assists in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software. Maintains calendar/schedules; monitors changes and communicates relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit. Performs data entry and extraction functions.
• Reviews, records, distributes and/or processes mail and other documents; follows-up on pending actions. Updates and maintains large distribution lists; monitors, prepares and distributes various materials, reports, where possible using electronic formats; handles arrangement for printing and translation as necessary; coordinates shipment arrangements, courier services and pouch dispatch, etc. Performs general administrative tasks e.g. arrangements for meetings and other events, reservations, follow-up, to include preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents (e.g. requisitions, purchase orders, authorizations, visa applications, etc.
• Performs a wide range of office support and administrative functions. Drafts responses to routine correspondence and other communications; uses standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports. Monitors processes and schedules related to the unit's outputs, products, tasks, etc.; assists in the verification of receipt and accuracy of requisite documents, approvals, signatures, etc. to ensure compliance with requirements UN Rules and Regulations, Administrative Instructions, Information Circulars, SG Bulletins, UN correspondence manual, verbal and written instructions from the supervisor, established procedures/guidelines. The incumbent is expected to exercise sound judgement on the best way to complete a task. He/she may propose internal guidelines.
• Perform any other duties as may be required.
• PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of general office and administrative support including administrative policies, processes and procedures. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
• COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• PLANNING & ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments, adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
• Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Additional technical training in the field of administration and human resources management is highly desirable. Must have passed the United Nations Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) or the Global General Service Test (GGST) at Headquarters or an equivalent locally-administered test at Offices away from Headquarters.
• A minimum of four years work experience in general office support is required.
• Experience in Front Office support functions is desirable
• Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; United Nations Office at Nairobi Team Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.