United Nations Office at Nairobi Human Resources Officer Jobs in Kenya
United Nations Office at Nairobi Human Resources Officer Jobs in KenyaOrganisational Setting and Reporting The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the respective office of the Secretary-General.
UNON supports programme implementation of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UN Human Settlements Programme UN-HABITAT) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services: www.unon.org.
This post is located in the Human Resources Management Service (HRMS) within the Division of Administrative Services of the United Nations Office at Nairobi.
Under the supervision of the Chief, Talent Management Unit, the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out the following duties: .
• Identifying upcoming job openings in coordination with client offices;
• Reviewing draft job openings, conducting human resources assessments of applications, and monitoring recruitment actions in coordination with client divisions;
• Reviewing recommendations on the selection of candidates by client offices with a view to ensuring conformity with UN staff selection system policies;
• Serving as ex-officio /secretary to central review bodies; preparing and presenting cases to these bodies;
• Advising Human Resources Assistants on recruitment related activities, including the preparation of job offers for successful candidates;
• Providing advice and support to managers and staff on human resources related matters;
• Keeping abreast of developments in various areas of human resources;
• Providing advice on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules, including exceptions to such policies;
• Supervising the work of the Human Resources Assistants in carrying out human resources administrative transactions, including preparation of personnel actions, maintenance of staffing tables, and processing of contracts;
• Overseeing the maintenance of filing systems;
• Preparing classification analysis of jobs in the Professional and General Service and related categories and provide guidance to programme managers on the application of classification policies and procedures;
• Perform other related tasks as requested by the Chief, HRMS.
• Knowledge of the human resources policies, procedures and practices and ability to apply them in an organizational setting. Demonstrates use of initiative and makes appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipates next steps. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional
• competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
• Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda;
• supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
• Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in public or business administration, human resources management or related area. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administration or related area, with at least three (3) years at the international level is required.
• Experience in the area of recruitment and staffing is required.
• Experience in the classification of Professional and General Service staff positions and related categories within the United Nations Secretariat is desirable.
• Languages: English and French are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of a second UN official language is desirable.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; United Nations Office at Nairobi Human Resources Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs.Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.