United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Financial Inclusion Officer Jobs in Kenya
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Financial Inclusion Officer Jobs in KenyaOrganizational Setting and Work Relationships
Improving livelihoods through economic and financial inclusion is a key component of achieving protection and long-term solutions for the refugee situation.
Economic inclusion contributes to the self-reliance and resilience of refugees and other forcibly displaced persons, empowering them to meet their needs in a safe, sustainable and dignified manner, avoid aid-dependency, contribute to their host economies, and prepare for their future whether they return home, integrate in their country of asylum, or resettle in a third country.
• Identify new projects in the area of financial inclusion, support the planning and successful implementation of these projects through sustainable partnerships with relevant financial institutions, international lenders and development financial institutions.
• Document the impact of any project in financial inclusion, ensure acknowledgement for its relevance, and wide dissemination of its findings.
• Support the capacity strengthening of field staff involved in financial inclusion operations, particularly in relation to the identification of suitable financial institutions to partner with, data-collection and performance/outcomes monitoring.
• Support UNHCR field operations to raise awareness about access to finance for forcibly displaced within the financial community and to establish partnerships with qualified financial service providers.
• Provide technical guidance to UNHCR field operations engaged in partnerships with financial service providers.
• Train financial service providers and other key stakeholders in the industry about the financial needs of forcibly displaced by organizing workshops and focus groups with refugees in field operations in Africa and neighbouring regions.
• Identify and build solid partnerships with the financial sector, research institutes, competent technical agencies and others that can bring knowledge, know-how and networks in support of creating financial inclusion opportunities for forcibly displaced and hosting communities.
• Raise awareness about the needs of forcibly displaced in access to finance and on the work done by UNHCR in this area by writing/editing publications and presenting at key international events in the Africa region.
• Proactively seek new opportunities for effective shared value partnership building and resource mobilization amongst highly qualified financial institutions, as well as development actors and donors.
• Support the monitoring, reporting on measurement of results/impact of financial inclusion projects implemented by UNHCR or partners.
• Support the identification and assessment of technical assistance needs of refugees and selected financial institutions.
• Support creating training material for financial service providers (FSP) and delivery on them.
• Support selecting areas of intervention ' in line with UNHCR strategic objectives and in coordination with field operations - for implementing projects and fostering partnerships with the financial community.
• Decide on coordination with partners, the selection of FSPs with whom UNHCR will engage in multi-country programs.
• MS-Drafting, Documentation, Data Presentation
• CO-Strategic Communication
• CO-Public Speaking
• IT-Computer Literacy
• IT-MS Office Applications;
[Functional Skills marked with an asterisk: are essential)
• Essential: Excellent written and verbal
communication skills in English.
• Desirable: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French.
• Years of Experience / Degree Level
• For P3 - 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
• Field(s) of Education
• Development Economics;
• International Development; or other relevant field.
• (Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk
• C001L3 - Accountability Level 3
• C002L3 - Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
• C003L3 - Communication Level 3
• C004L3 - Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
• C005L3 - Client & Result Orientation Level 3
• C006L3 - Organizational Awareness Level 3
• M001L3 - Empowering and Building Trust Level 3
• M003L3 - Judgement and Decision Making Level 3
• M006L3 - Managing Resources Level 3
• X001L3 - Analytical Thinking Level 3
• X005L3 - Planning and Organizing Level 3
• X006L3 - Policy Development & Research Level 3
Relevant Job Experience
Solid knowledge of the financial inclusion sector as evidenced by minimum 6 years of professional experience in the sector as researcher or provider.
Practical experience in conducting needs assessments of microfinance clients and analysis of results.
Proven experience of developing training materials, organization and delivery of trainings for microfinance and banking institutions.
Professional experience with financial and social performance data collection and due-diligence of microfinance institutions.
Proven knowledge of the financial and social performance standards of the microfinance industry.
Experience with living and working on financial inclusion in Africa.
Previous experience working with FDPs or migrants in the area of economic inclusion.
Professional experience working for a microfinance investment fund or a financial service provider.
Experience to support FSPs with improving their social performance management systems.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Financial Inclusion Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs.Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.