United Nations Development Programme Partnership and Resource Management Specialist Jobs in Kenya
United Nations Development Programme Partnership and Resource Management Specialist Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsThe United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network.
Headquartered in New York City, UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life.
It provides expert advice, training, and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
Partnerships and Resources Mobilization
• Implementation and monitoring of the Partnerships and Communications Action Plan with planning tools to implement the action plan in close collaboration with Senior Management, Strategic Results and Resources team and portfolio managers
• Development and monitoring of implementation of a Resource Mobilization Strategy
• Development and implementation of a donor intelligence strategy (partners, needs and priorities, perception of UNDP by its current and potential future partners, and projection of UNDP’ added value and potential role)
• Development of specific donor fund-raising strategies and approaches
• External and internal analysis for assessing CO opportunities for partnerships and resource mobilization
• Scanning of opportunities in the country; identification of where the CO strengths overlap with partner/client needs
• Analysis of the Government of Kenya’s national budget and investment targets to identify areas for UNDP collaboration
• Analysis of key development and sectoral policies currently being discussed and implemented in the country and key donors willing to support policies
• Identification of emerging sources of funding; assessment of their current usage and potential for the future
• Assessment of the level of CO engagement with each donor: Type and level of contact and particular areas of interest; development of strategy to position the CO to become a priority partner for the donor
Stakeholder Engagement and Partnerships
• Broker meaningful dialogue between Government of Kenya, civil society, development partners and UNDP to provide citizens opportunities to engage with the development community and shape the national and global sustainable development agenda, and in so doing, support UNDP programme portfolios in accessing the knowledge, ideas, and aspirations of the people to influence UNDP’s approaches and concrete programme/ project design.
Includes managing relationships with Government representatives, development partners, CSOs/think tanks and private sector.
• Building strategic alliances and UNDP positioning, including creating opportunities and nurturing networks for idea generation
• Interaction with the UNDP Senior Management to ensure access to partners, with the full weight of the UN System
• Building partnerships with the Government of Kenya and Inter-Governmental engagement
• Supporting the organization of high visibility events, policy dialogues, roundtables that positions UNDP thought leadership and results in Kenya
• Work closely with Programme teams to establish and nurture civil society platforms, including as required a Civil Society Advisory Board, to ensure inclusion and relevance of UNDP programmes
• Engage with think tanks and academic institutions to ensure that CO can access high quality research and involved in cutting-edge development discourse
Diversification of Resource Base
• Delivery of resource mobilization and government cost sharing targets for UNDP in line with strategic positioning
• Engagement with government and development partner stakeholders on implementation of Direct Project Costing
• Identification of emerging development partners and creating opportunities for collaboration
• Negotiating alternative financing models with international financial institutions (IFIs) to achieve mutual goals in delivering sustainable development
• Fostering innovations and creative development solutions in collaboration with private sector
• Strategizes with senior management and portfolio managers on use of ICT-led innovations in resource mobilization, i.e. crowdsourcing, campaign-led fund raising.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work Level 5: Creates new and relevant ideas and leads others to implement them
• Ability to persuade others to follow Level 5: Plans and acts transparently, actively works to remove barriers
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction Level 5: Models high professional standards and motivates excellence in others
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform Level 5: Gains trust of peers, partners, clients by presenting complex concepts in practical terms to others
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement Level 5: Critically assesses value and relevance of existing policy / practice and contributes to enhanced delivery of products, services, and innovative solutions
• Master's Degree in social policy, public policy, politics, economics, business administration, development studies or a related area.
• Master’s Degree with 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in international development with special focus on partnership building, business development and resource mobilization.
• Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience working in the UN System is an asset.
• English Proficiency.
• Other official language of the UN will be desirable.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; United Nations Development Programme Partnership and Resource Management Specialist Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.