United Nations Data Analysis Assistant Jobs in Kenya
United Nations Data Analysis Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Org. Setting and Reporting The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the United Nations headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General. We support programme implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the Resident Coordinator System (RCS) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UNHabitat) globally, as well as other United Nations offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org).
This post is located in the Nairobi duty station, Data Services Team within Information and Communications Technology Services (ICTS) of the Division of Administrative Services, UNON. The incumbent reports to the Data Services Team Lead. Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Contributes to the preparation of reports based on organizational needs and requirements for reporting and analysis.
• Supports more senior staff in their work on process improvement mechanisms.
• Contributes to the preparation of data sets, being responsible for the acquisition and initial cleaning of data from primary and secondary data systems and documents data sets used.
• Contributes to the creation and maintenance of databases, contributes to data collection projects products, tools and processes to extend the capabilities of client offices.
• Contributes to the identification and analysis of patterns in data sets using various methods.
• Prepares data sets upon request; responds to queries/requests and maintains/updates web pages.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Professionalism Uses analytical skills and experience to assist in organizing, managing, and disseminating of information with attention to detail and accuracy. Assists with analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making. Writes queries, assists with report drafting and prepares findings for presentations and other products. Takes pride in the work for the organization and understands the impact that can be brought into the organization by allowing data-driven and evidence-based decisions. Demonstrates ability to plan their work and adjust to changing priorities. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount
of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
• Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Supplemental training in data analytics is desirable.
Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat.
Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST. The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in data science, data analytics, applied mathematics, information management, or related area is required.
Experience in developing workflows, data pipelines and visualizations is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
Note: "fluency equals a rating of "fluent" in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and " Knowledge of" equals a rating of " confident" in two of the four areas.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; United Nations Data Analysis Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.