United Nations Children's Fund Chief Field Officer Jobs in Kenya
United Nations Children's Fund Chief Field Officer Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsUNICEF is the world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
How can you make a difference?
• Represent UNICEF in all matters related to programme planning and implementation in the geographical area covered by Lodwar Field Office. Provide leadership, guidance and supervision of the Field Office staff, and ensure staff safety and security is given paramount importance.
• Technical Leadership in all aspects of devolution, providing guidance and direction in ensuring a coordinated approach to UNICEF programme delivery in the geographical area. Ensure exchange of information, experience, identify new strategies and courses of action to accelerate/improve delivery of services and achieve programme requirements and objectives.
• Programming and Management of Programme: Be rresponsible for overall development and establishment of the Field Office work plans, monitoring compliance, and providing support and guidance to ensure objectives are met.
• Coordination: Interact with Government and other partners, NGO's, UN and bilateral agencies in the different stages of programme implementation, follow up on implementation of recommendations and agreements. Provide technical support, orientation and guidance to implementing partners and government officials on appropriate technical and institutional capacity-building measures to achieve programme goals and expand coverage of services.
• Field Monitoring and reporting: Conduct field assessment visits in the areas of coverage to ensure programme effectiveness, identifying bottlenecks and instituting remedial measures.
Ensure timely preparation and submission of progress/status reports required from the Field Office for management, Board, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis and assessment, annual reports.
• Resource Mobilization: Identify possible donors and maintain close liaison with the Nairobi Office for resource mobilization and leveraging.
The functional competencies required for this post are
• Analyzing II
• Deciding and Initiating Action III
• Persuading and Influencing III
• Applying Technical Expertise III
• Planning and Organizing II Adapting and Responding Change III
• Coping with Pressure and Setbacks III
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
• Advanced University Degree in education or social sciences as related technical field.
• Eight (8) years progressively, responsible professional work experience at national and international levels in programme planning and management in related field with emphasis on strategic planning.
• Fluency in English and Kswahili required.
Knowledge of local dialects an assest.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; United Nations Children's Fund Chief Field Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.