United Nations Chief of Section, Audit Jobs in Kenya
United Nations Chief of Section, Audit Jobs in Kenya
Org. Setting and Reporting This position is located in the UNHCR Audit Office, Internal Audit Division (IAD), Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS) in Nairobi. The incumbent reports to the Chief, UNHCR Audit Service.
The Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS) is the internal oversight body of the United Nations (UN) and assists the Secretary-General in fulfilling his oversight responsibilities in respect of the resources and staff of the Organization through the provision of audit, investigation, inspection and evaluation services.
Within delegated authority, under the supervision of the Chief of Service the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Develop and implement the Section’s medium and long-term goals and objectives, and related annual audit and work plans.
• Plan, organize, direct and coordinate the activities of multiple teams and resources of the Section.
• Define the broad objectives and scope for each audit/review.
• Provide direction and leadership with respect to all phases of each audit/review with a view to ensuring that OIOS standards are complied with and that audit/review objectives are achieved within budget.
• Review working papers and related audit/review communications (e.g., audit reports).
• Provide guidance to audit staff on technical and administrative matters.
• Lead audits/reviews of a sensitive and complex nature.
• Collect, organize, manage and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Conduct data collection and analysis using data analysis tools.
• Analyze guidelines and standards for internal audit activities in the course of ensuring consistency of approach and adequacy of practice of subordinate auditors.
• Coordinate and recommend improvements in, or review proposed changes to, the financial rules of the Organization.
• Monitor the status of audit/review recommendations.
• Liaise with internal audit functions of other United Nations organizations.
• Empowers/challenges staff to assume more responsibility.
• Establish and maintain a positive relationship with auditees.
• Carry out other tasks as may be assigned by the Chief of Service.
Professionalism: Knowledge of auditing standards and practices, knowledge of applicable financial rules and procedures. Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions and present conclusions and recommendations.
Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve Organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may
not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Leadership: Serves as a role model that other people want to follow: empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions; drives for change and improvements; does not accept the status quo; shows the courage to take unpopular stands.
Provides leadership and takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work; demonstrates knowledge of strategies and commitment to the goal of gender balance in staffing.
Judgement/Decision-making: Identifies the key issues in a complex situation, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly; gathers relevant information before making a decision; considers positive and negative impacts of decisions prior to making them; takes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and on the Organization; proposes a course of action or makes a recommendation based on all available information; checks assumptions against facts; determines the actions proposed will satisfy the expressed and underlying needs for the decision; makes tough decisions when necessary.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business administration, finance, accounting or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or equivalent is desirable.
A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible professional experience in audit, finance, accounting, administration, statistics, computer science or related area is required.
Experience in audit management is required.
Experience in analysis of complete sets of data to identify anomalies and trends is required.
Experience in using data analytics tools such as IDEA, ACL, and Excel for analysis of entire populations of data is also required.
Experience in auditing in the public sector is desirable.
Experience within the United Nations system, or similar large international organization is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official language of the United Nations is desirable.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; United Nations Chief of Section, Audit Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.