United Kingdom Foreign and Commonwealth Office Counter Terrorism Programme Manager Jobs in Kenya
United Kingdom Foreign and Commonwealth Office Counter Terrorism Programme Manager Jobs in KenyaMain Purpose of Job The successful candidate will work within the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) Counter Terrorism and Extremism Network (CTEN).
S/he will be responsible for day-to-day administrative management of the FCO's counter terrorism programmes in Kenya, with potential line management responsibility for one support officer.
This role provides an opportunity to support a high profile foreign policy priority by helping tackle terrorism in line with international human rights standards.
The successful candidate will be able to use their programme management skills to deliver in a fast paced environment, responding flexibly to programme demands.
He/she will provide day-to-day administrative management of a number of counter-terrorism programmes, liaising with a wide range of colleagues across the security and justice sector within the British High Commission in Nairobi, UK Government Departments and the Kenyan security and justice sector.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Design new project proposals and evolve existing projects in close consultation with the Subject Matter Experts, and ensure that the correct project documentation is in place including risk management (through the Overseas Security and Justice Assessment), stakeholder maps, programme plans, impact reporting and monitoring and evaluation strategies.
• Monitor overall programme finances including: accurate budgeting and forecasting, ensuring value for money, processing and receipting invoices.
• Manage commercial procurement processes, in line with FCO guidance, and provide day-to-day management of commercial contractors.
• Provide regular progress and expenditure reports to the Programme Team in London.
• Oversee implementation of projects; monitoring through regular stakeholder engagement and intervening as necessary to ensure the projects deliver the expected results.
• Potential line management of 1x A2 CT Programme Support Officer.
• Provide policy support to the Counter Terrorism and Extremism Network as and when required.
Resources Managed (Staff and Expenditure)
The job holder will be responsible for the effective financial administration of CT programmes worth c. £500K.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Ability to plan ahead and prioritise effectively
• Excellent IT skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Teams
• Experience of budget management including monitoring spend and processing invoices
• Ability to produce clear and accurate work with attention to detail
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work independently and use initiative to solve problems
• A flexible and proactive approach
• Supervisory experience
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Previous experience in project management
• Previous experience working in the security/justice sector
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; United Kingdom Foreign and Commonwealth Office Counter Terrorism Programme Manager Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.