UNIDO Administrative and Financial Assistant Jobs in Uganda
UNIDO Administrative and Financial Assistant Jobs in UgandaProject Context UNIDO has received funding from the Government of Japan to implement a project to establish a training center for construction equipment operator training.
The project also aims to conduct Training of Trainers (ToT) for instructional staff and assist them in conducting operational trainings for construction equipment operators.
In short, the project focuses on the importance of qualified human resources for inclusive and sustainable industrial development and serves as a clear indication that there is a positive correlation between the sustainability/longevity of machines and the training of their operators.
The involvement of the GoU/MoWT as well as private sector partners demonstrates the proposal’s inclusiveness and intends to serve as a catalyst for policy-making reform. The project outputs and activities include the following:
Output 1. Fully-operational and functional training center for the safe and effective operation of construction equipment established
• Conduct assessment of required facility and equipment for a training center for the operation of construction equipment including a dormitory for students
• Identify and develop training materials on financial and administrative management of the training center
• Provide training on financial and administrative management of the training center
Output 2. MoWT instructional staff capable to effectively manage and deliver safe training for construction equipment operators
• Develop a teacher training framework that provides standardized curricula and pedagogical tools to instructors
• Organize workshops for training content development for both instructors and operators of construction equipment
• Develop a teacher education curriculum and learning materials
• Institutionalize the certification
• Conduct training of instructors
• Conduct construction equipment operator training
Output 3. Improved gender-sensitive employment opportunities for young men and women in the sector of works and transport through training on the operation of construction equipment
• Plan and conduct awareness raising workshops for young men and women to attract their interest in the infrastructure development and maintenance sector, with a strong focus on empowering women to join the industry to target gender equality
• Design and develop an apprenticeship programme in cooperation with the public and private sector
• Develop a training impact evaluation system to track performance of students participating in apprenticeships
Duty station: Kampala, Uganda
Start: 01 July 2020; end: 30 September 2020 (with possibility of extension)
Financial accounting and management of various financial transactions in line with UNIDO policies.
Procurement tasks, including collecting offers and follow-up with suppliers for contract signatures, delivery notes, invoices.
Follow-up on administrative issues related to project activities (engineering/design/construction works, equipment delivery and installation, payments, procurement, shipping and clearance).
Maintain network of vendors and suppliers for project-related procurement needs.
Manage the day-to-day financial and administrative operations and office support systems, including bookkeeping of the operational cash advances for the project.
Ensure all project staff payments are released in a timely manner from imprest account.
Assist with administrative duties related to travel arrangements, study tours, workshops, security clearances, and visa approvals.
Maintain a schedule of staff contracts to ensure timely notification for contract renewal to HQ.
Liaise with UNDP and imprest for clearance of released ASRs from HQ as well as logistical support resources (i.e. transport of goods to and from Mombasa port).
Ensure all receipts of financial disbursements are collected and organized in the project file.
Maintain strong performance, and high professional and ethical standards.
Perform ad-hoc project work and travel as required (travel authorization to be done separately).
Comply with all UNIDO rules, procedures and regulations.
WE LIVE AND ACT WITH INTEGRITY: work honestly, openly and impartially.
WE SHOW PROFESSIONALISM: work hard and competently in a committed and responsible manner.
WE RESPECT DIVERSITY: work together effectively, respectfully and inclusively, regardless of our differences in culture and perspective.
WE FOCUS ON PEOPLE: cooperate to fully reach our potential –and this is true for our colleagues as well as our clients. Emotional intelligence and receptiveness are vital parts of our UNIDO identity.
WE FOCUS ON RESULTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: focus on planning, organizing and managing our work effectively and efficiently. We are responsible and accountable for achieving our results and meeting our performance standards. This accountability does not end with our colleagues and supervisors, but we also owe it to those we serve and who have trusted us to contribute to a better, safer and healthier world.
WE COMMUNICATE AND EARN TRUST: communicate effectively with one another and build an environment of trust where we can all excel in our work.
WE THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX AND INNOVATE: To stay relevant, we continuously improve, support innovation, share our knowledge and skills, and learn from one another.
Completed secondary education. Formal secretarial/clerical training or equivalent desirable. Credit towards total working experience may be considered on a year by-year- basis, up to maximum of four years, for a first university degree or equivalent diploma, in a field relevant to the post.
▪ Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Fluency and/or working knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
▪ Excellent computer skills using the Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
▪ Excellent computer skills using the internet (i.e. email and browsing).
Field of Expertise:
▪ A minimum of six (6) years of working experience in the related fields of the post.
▪ Work experience in financial management and accounting is a requirement
▪ Attention to detail, and high-level of accountability for the quality and timely completion of tasks.
▪ Experience with international projects or organizations will be considered an advantage.
▪ Experience creating reports and presentations.
▪ Experience working with senior stakeholders is considered an advantage.
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
▪ Comfortable working on short deadlines.
▪ Strong analytic and research skills – ability to analyze and identify improvement areas.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNIDO Administrative and Financial Assistant Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.