UNICEF WASH Officer Jobs in Kenya
UNICEF WASH Officer Jobs in Kenya UNICEF is the world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Under the supervision of the WASH Specialist, the primary role of the WASH Officer will be to lead the implementation of Community Led Total Sanitation Program in selected counties.
The WASH Officer will work closely with selected County Governments as well as National Line Ministries to ensure quality and timely results are delivered.
The main tasks will include: monitoring and follow-up of CLTS implementation at county level, development and roll-out of Open Defecation Free Roadmaps, technical support and capacity building of county Health teams, as well as support to coordination at County level. Strong understanding of CLTS and knowledge of CLTS Guidelines and Protocol is required. .
Programme development and planning
• Draft updates for WASH in the situation analysis, to inform the development of WASH-related outcome and output results. Research and report on trends in WASH, for use in programme development, management, monitoring, and evaluation.
• Prepare technical reports and inputs for programme preparation and documentation, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevance of information.
• Contribute to the development/establishment of WASH-related outcome and output results, as well as related strategies, through analysis of WASH sector needs and priorities.
• Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical programme transactions, preparing materials/documentations, complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support progress towards the WASH-related outcome and/or output results in the country programme.
• Prepare required documentations/materials to facilitate review and approval processes.
Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
• Work collaboratively with colleagues and partners to collect/analyze/ share information on implementation issues, provide solutions on routine programme implementation and alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level interventions and/or decisions. Keep records of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
• Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts and prepare reports on results for required action/interventions at the higher level of programme management.
• Monitor and report on the use of sectoral programme resources (financial, administrative and other assets), verify compliance with approved allocations, organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity. Report on issues identified to enable timely resolution by management/stakeholders.
• Prepare sectoral progress reports for management, donors and partners.
Technical and operational support for programme implementation
• Undertake field visits and surveys, collect and share reports with partners/stakeholders. Report critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems to supervisor, for timely action.
• Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices in WASH, to support programme implementation.
Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response
• Draft requisitions for supplies, services, long-term agreements and partnership agreements to ensure UNICEF is prepared to deliver on its commitments for WASH in case of an emergency.
• Study and fully understand UNICEF's procedures for responding in an emergency.
• Take up support roles in an emergency response and early recovery, as and when the need arises.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or another relevant technical field.
• Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree are a strong asset.
• A minimum of Two (2)years of professional work experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required.
• Required Specific Experience: a minimum two years of experience in implementation of Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS)
• Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Kiswahili. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNICEF WASH Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.