UNICEF Deputy Regional Director Jobs in Kenya
UNICEF Deputy Regional Director Jobs in Kenya
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, dedication
UNICEF is seeking to appoint a Deputy Regional Director for the Eastern and Southern Africa Region. The Deputy Regional Director supports the Regional Director in the management of the Regional Office. S/he provides leadership and support to Country and Area offices, ensuring coordination and synergy between regional staff and country office leadership in information exchange and maintaining strategic alliances.
The Deputy Regional Director advises and assists the Regional Director on matters relating to regional policy formulation and implementation supporting UNICEF programme, operations and communications strategy. S/he represents the Regional Director within and outside the United Nations system, as required.
The incumbent will provide oversight for programme management in the region, providing direction, leadership and guidance to the multi-disciplinary team of professionals of the regional office to ensure the achievement of organizational mission, strategy, goals and objectives. The Deputy Regional Director may directly supervise the Operational or Programme areas as designated by the Regional Director.
How can you make a difference?
The Deputy Regional Director is accountable to the Regional Director in supporting the overall achievement of the goals, strategy and objectives of UNICEF-assisted regional programmes, the overall quality of emergency response, as well as the effective coordination and oversight of UNICEF offices in the region.
The Deputy Regional Director’s key functions and accountabilities include Regional level leadership and guidance:
Effective leadership and technical guidance, oversight and coordination is provided to ensure the achievement of programme goals at regional level, and through the functions of various Regional Advisors and multi-disciplinary, multi-sectoral teams.
Effective oversight and guidance results in full implementation of the Regional Office Management. Plan and related objectives, work plan and activities of the Regional Office team.
Coordination of the work of Regional Office teams ensures the effective and efficient management and administration of UNICEF's resources in accordance with established policies, standards, rules and procedures.
Effective leadership exerted in the appropriate alignment of global and regional policies, strategy and programme priorities for effective achievement of regional programme objectives through the rights and results-based management approach.
Effective programme results are achieved for the survival, protection, development and participation of children and women in regional development efforts.
Proactive representation of UNICEF in key inter-agency fora at the regional level ensures effective contribution to and integration of UNICEF programme initiatives in broader UN programme activities.
Use of programme resources and programme and management performance within the region is regularly monitored with a view to supporting actions that improve country programme performance.
Progress, effectiveness and relevance of UNICEF country programme employs results based
programming through regular
reviews and structured evaluations.
Strategic level advice and guidance to Country Office and Country Programme teams secures optimal results in the development, review and monitoring of Country Programmes of Cooperation (programmes, budgets and resources), in line with national development priorities, and the UN Development Assistance Framework.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Social Development, Development Planning, or other relevant disciplines.
• At least 13 years of professional work experience in formulation of policy in international or national administration and translation of policies into practice; experience in external aid administration and senior level international development administration.
• Experience as a UNICEF representative is extremely important and highly desirable, preferably at a commensurate level of the functions to be encumbered.
• Experience and proven track record in managing emergencies, sensitive and complex situations and security-related issues.
• Effective people management and proven ability to guide, motivate and lead a large multi-disciplinary team.
• Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese is an important asset.
• Excellent managerial, interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and motivate staff and foster a positive working environment within the Regional Office;
• Extensive broad-based programming experience, specifically thorough understanding of development, humanitarian, early recovery and middle-income programming;
• Proven knowledge and experience in formulating strategies and managing a large size programme (sectoral, development, humanitarian, advocacy, policy dialogue and capacity building) and/or office;
• Experience in ensuring integration and synergy across sectoral in accordance with best practices;
• Strong track record on strategic planning and results-based management;
• Proven risk management skills and efficient management of financial resources;
• Experience in development effectiveness and UN Coherence processes; political maturity and strong diplomacy skills that translate in the ability to work with a range of partners;
• Proven ability to negotiate and advocate effectively and to build relations with a variety of donor and partners.
For every child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Builds and maintains partnerships.
Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness.
Drive to achieve results for impact.
Innovates and embraces change.
Manages ambiguity and complexity.
Thinks and acts strategically.
Works collaboratively with others.
Nurtures, leads and manages people.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNICEF Deputy Regional Director Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.