UNICEF Administrative Associate Jobs in Kenya
UNICEF Administrative Associate Jobs in Kenya Job DetailsUNICEF is the world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS.
UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Under the general supervision of the Administrative Officer Assets, the incumbent performs administrative support functions, which includes receiving office equipment and supplies from suppliers, issuing office supplies to staff members and reconciling the stores records with actual supplies available.
The incumbent also captures and manages the Property, Premises and Equipment (PP&E) in VISION, generates IPSAS compliant reports, supervise the physical count by third parties, as well as supervising the maintenance of office buildings and equipment.
How can you make a difference?
• Assists the Admin. officer in Managing the ESARO and KCO (including 4 zonal offices) PP&E whose value is in excess of $3,000,000.00 by receiving new equipment from suppliers, ensures that the office equipment is properly tagged and inventorised for easy identification and tracking the movement of equipment from one office to another using both the VISION PP&E module and the manual database for non-attractive items.
• Manages the office stores by receiving and issuing Office supplies for both KCO and ESARO and enters details of the receipts and issues on Bin cards. The value of the ESARO/KCO stores is approximately $150,000.00 per annum.
• Undertakes the Reconciliation of the balances in the bin cards with the actual balances of the stores items and based on the balances decides and recommends to the supervisor on the re-ordering levels based on the balances and the lead times.
• Coordinates and supervises the Stores physical stock take at least twice a year. The incumbent also organizes and oversees the physical verification exercise for KCO both Nairobi and zonal offices, ESARO non-expendable property and prepares reports highlighting any anomalies which may be noted during the physical stock take and verification exercises to the supervisor for corrective action to be undertaken immediately.
• Captures and updates office equipment details in VISION to reflect the actual location of office equipment and allocates equipment to staff whenever required in line with set criteria for eligibility.
• Monitors and supervises Office maintenance and maintenance of office equipment by contractors and certifies that the contractors have undertaken the job as required before payment is made.
• Coordinates the movements of staff to new office locations and ensures that all staff members have the relevant equipment/items to carry out their day to day assignments.
• Drafts Payments related to all Admin.
Transactions in VISION. This entails checking that the amount indicated on the invoices are correct and in agreement with the obligating documents e.g. a Purchase order.
• Responsible for compiling list of items to be disposed off, submits to the supervisor for onward submission to the Local Property Survey Board. Follows-up on the final approval of PSB recommendations and supervise the disposal accordingly. If items are to be disposed of through public auction, the incumbent makes necessary arrangement for the auction to take place.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• Possession of Kenya Certificate of secondary Education plus A Diploma in Management.
• Possession of a degree in Public/Business Administration will be an added advantage.
• At least six years progressive work experience working in a busy industry with major work being Administrative, stores and inventory management. Experience in usage of inventory and stores database software will be an added advantage.
• Computer knowledge and usage of various computer applications like excel and MS word plus UNICEF applications like VISION will be an asset.
• Fluency in both written and oral English and Kiswahili language. Knowledge of a second UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNICEF Administrative Associate Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.