UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency IT Service Delivery Management Officer Jobs in Kenya
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency IT Service Delivery Management Officer Jobs in KenyaThe incumbent oversees day-to-day operations and coordinates the work of multiple support groups, both internal to UNHCR, as well as, Managed Service Providers (MSPs).
The incumbent ensures the various MSPs (both local and corporate) and UNHCR ICT staff under their supervision deliver efficient and effective systems and services in accordance to contractual obligations and best practices.
Understanding the current and future needs, the incumbent ensures that the ICT requirements are understood and that offices within their respective area of responsibility (AoR) have adequate ICT Services to maintain communications across the organization, and have the ICT tools necessary to support their work.
The incumbent has regular contact with MSPs (globally and locally within the AoR), with other Service Delivery Managers (SDMs), with Solution Engineers, with vendors, and all Services of DIST.
S/he understands and communicates the UNHCR ICT strategy and vision, policies, and decisions throughout the AoR in a positive manner and leads by example in the adherence and adoption.
S/he establishes and sustains relationships with respective business leaders & management in order to achieve technical and business strategic alignment.
S/he may have supervisory responsibility for other ICT staff both directly and in a matrixed structure.
The specific reporting relationships may vary based on the size and structure of the Operation and will be specified in the Operational Context; the incumbent may receive functional direction and advice from the functional Division.
Travel within the AoR is an integral part of this function, sometimes at short notice and potentially for extended periods of time, particularly when supporting an emergency. .
Within the Area of Responsibility
• Oversee daily Business-As-Usual operational decisions, including; incident, problem, change, service request, and asset management.
• With leadership, prepare an ICT Operations Plan and forecast annual ICT budget needs; including lifecycle management, application licensing, maintenance, recurring and capital expenditures ¿ providing input to the Annual Programme Review.
• Ensure compliance with Service Management and ICT security policies and standards, technical architecture, and service level agreements ¿ reporting non-compliance as appropriate.
• Monitor Service Level performance targets (internal and external); including, follow up, validation, and audit of results.
• Serve as primary escalation point for end-user and operational issues (Incidents & Service Requests) not resolved within established SLA's; coordinate with MSPs to expedite resolution including prioritization and escalation of SLA performance breaches to supervisor or responsible service tower owner.
• Work closely with UNHCR SDMs and MSPs to carry out problem management and root cause analysis, and prevent recurrence of critical problems by executing approved changes.
• Review and validate that Change Management processes are adhered to by both staff and MSPs. Ensure that change, test, and release processes are properly planned and executed. Approve installation of new or upgraded systems and services. Support deployments and testing of new ICT components.
• Recommend, and implement approved, service delivery process improvements. Define support processes in accordance with ITIL best-practices.
• Maintain accurate inventory of all ICT equipment for all sites, and ensure relevant Asset Management policies and guidelines are followed and the ITSM databases are up-to-date.
• Maintain accurate inventory of all locally developed applications and systems and report in the central registry.
• Leverage the broader ICT community (UNHCR, UN agencies, partners and external providers) to deliver the most efficient and cost-effective solutions to the business. Represent UNHCR ICT in inter-agency and other external meetings.
• *IT-Service Delivery Management
• *IT-Experience managing IT infrastructure in 24/7 environment
• *IT-ITIL Processes and Service Operations Management
• IT-Experience with ICT infrastructure support
• IT-Information Technology
• IT-ICT Operations Management
• IT-ICT infrastructure (LAN/WAN,HF/VHF radio,VSAT satellite syst,PABX/telephony)
• IT-IT Systems and Standards
• IT-Microsoft Office 365
• C001L3 Accountability Level 3
• C002L3 Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
• C003L3 Communication Level 3
• C004L3 Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
• C005L3 Client & Result Orientation Level 3
• C006L3 Organizational Awareness Level 3
• M001L3 Empowering and Building Trust Level 3
• M002L3 Managing Performance Level 3
• M003L3 Judgement and Decision Making Level 3
• X001L3 Analytical Thinking Level 3
• X003L3 Technological Awareness Level 3
• X005L3 Planning and Organizing Level 3
Education & Professional Work Experience
• Years of Experience / Degree Level
• For P3/NOC 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
• Information & Communications Technologies Computer Science Information Systems
• Information Technologies Project Management or other relevant field
• (Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
• *ITIL V3 Foundation
• Project Management
• (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
• Minimum 4-6 years¿ experience in ICT of which 3 spent managing ICT service delivery with SLA based delivery of both centralized and decentralized applications, systems, and services.
• Good understanding and practical experience of ITIL Service Operations processes driven by continuous improvement.
• Experience working with business partners to understand how ICT affects an organization and link it to business processes and operational tasks.
• Ability to influence, manage and lead negotiations with stakeholders. Strong interpersonal skills that include effective communications (both verbally and written) at all levels; to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Experience working in a matrixes team to ensure collaborations and effective operations across multiple organizations.
• Experience in project monitoring and control, data analysis, and presentation for executive review and decision making.
• Experience of coordinating activities across different partner organizations developing effective services.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency IT Service Delivery Management Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.