UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency Community-Based Protection Officer Jobs in Kenya
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency Community-Based Protection Officer Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsThe Community-Based Protection Officer is a member of the Protection Team in a Regional Bureau or a Country Office and normally reports to the Senior Community-Based Protection Officer, the Senior Protection Officer, Head of Sub-Office or the Assistant Representative for protection.
For a regional position, the incumbent may have direct supervisory responsibility for Protection and Community-Based Protection staff in the regional office, and a technical support role for Community-Based Protection staff in the region.
For a country level position the incumbent may have direct supervisory responsibility for Community-based Protection staff and other protection staff in the operation.
H/he supports the implementation of protection standards and provides advice on community-based protection to senior management and Country Operation(s) in close collaboration with the Division of International Protection (DIP).
• Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of a community-based protection strategy reflecting the organization¿s global, regional and country level protection priorities, and ensuring systematic application of participatory, rights, community-based, and gender responsive approaches in protection and solutions planning, programming and strategies.
• Support compliance with UNHCR Age, Gender and Diversity Policy, including ensuring AGD inclusive programming, advocating for gender equality and strengthening accountability to affected populations (AAP).
• Assist with the implementation and integration of community-based corporate policies in multi-year and multi-partner protection and solutions strategies and operations plans.
• Support the systematic application of participatory, community, rights based, and gender responsive protection approaches throughout the phases of the operations management cycle and across the work of the organisation and implement community-based SGBV prevention and response as well as community-based child protection programmes.
• Contribute to the appropriate adaptations of programmes as a result of the analysis of feedback received from persons of concern, as well as other political, social, economic and cultural developments that impact the protection environment.
• Participate in country level planning exercises and advocates for the mobilization and (re)allocation of funds to the implementation of community-based and gender responsive approaches across programmes and sectors in line with regional and country community-based protection strategies.
• Support the establishment and management of a feedback and response system (including on PSEA) and participate in the analysis of feedback gathered through formal and informal feedback and response systems.
• PRProtection-related guidelines, standards and indicators;
• PR-Age, gender and diversity (AGD) Inclusive Programming;
• PR-Community-based Protection ¿ Planning, Implementing and analysing surveys/assessments;
• PR-Community-based Protection ¿ Coordination and project management;
• PR-Community-based Protection ¿ Principles and methodologies;
• PR-Community-based Protection ¿ Community engagement and capacity building;
• Accountability to Affected People ¿ Principles and Framework;
• MG-Team Building;
• C001L3 Accountability Level 3
• C002L3 Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
• C003L3 Communication Level 3
• C004L3 Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
• C005L3 Client & Result Orientation Level 3
• C006L3 Organizational Awareness Level 3
• M001L3 Empowering and Building Trust Level 3
• M006L3 Managing Resources Level 3
• M004L3 Strategic Planning and Vision Level 3
• M002L3 Managing Performance Level 3
• X001L3 Analytical Thinking Level 3
• X007L3 Political Awareness Level 3
• X008L3 Stakeholder Management Level 3
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P3/NOC 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
• Community Development;
• Human Rights;
• Cultural Studies;
• Social Science;
• or other relevant field.
Relevant Job Experience
• 2-3 years experience of working in the field with direct engagement with persons of concern. Demonstrated expertise in field protection, community development, social surveys/ assessment, counselling, or related areas
• Very good understanding of displacement and protection issues, particularly SGBV prevention and response, child protection, education, gender equality, and the application of the age, gender and diversity approach. Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of position such as: PLP (Protection Learning Programme), OMLP (Operations Management Learning Programme), MMLP (Middle Management Learning Programme), CBPLP (Community-based Protection Learning Programme), CBP e-Learning, and Gender Equality e-learning. Experience in project management, and strategy development and implementation.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency Community-Based Protection Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.